CANCELLED CANCELLED Sunday Visit to The Royal Armories re Petrol Crisis

Doug & Christine are joining us, making 20 memebrs, still room for 10 more

Update : 22nd September, Patricia & I just returned from seeing Jared Thornton (visitor services officer) who has shown us the ‘reserved’ parking area, we have the green area right beside the ‘Main Entrance’ which has reinforced matting, because of this great display area, I am asking for at least 5 more cars to join the display, please make contact and reserve your space there are 10 cars and 15 would just set off the display, REMEMBER entry to the museum is FREE so just the parking of £3 per car…

1 Like

John and Larrissa are joining us…

URGENT URGENT CANCELLED Re: Royal Armories Museum now cancelled and parking fees being refunded due to current pertrol supply crisis…

Hi John & Patricia,

Probably a wise move given the current circumstances as it would save any stress on members trying to find petrol for their 5’s for what is essentially a non-essential visit.

Hopefully, we can resurrect this one, once normality returns to the petrol forecourts :thinking:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hello John & Pat + Mal & Terry + all,
Sorry this visit has been cancelled but a wise decision given the current shortage of fuel.
Many thanks for the parking refund via Pay Pal - received with thanks.
Hope to get together with you all again soon.
Kind regards
Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I think it was a wise decision as I have just come back from Gosport and noticed both ASDA and Esso in Newgate Lane, togeher with Sainsburys at Broadcut Fareham and the Shell at Wickham have no fuel🙄

Regards

Mal

2 Likes

I still have a petrol ration book from the 60’s

I can remember my father having those ration books back then. You could try using one in the current fuel crisis🤔 That would confuse them totally😂