CANCELLED - Mal’s Sossie Run reinstated for Wednesday 16th September 2020

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that “Mal’s Sossie Run” is back, after being cancelled back in March (18th March) due to Covid-19 :roll_eyes:

For those that wish to, we will meet at Costa Coffee at Sainsbury’s Broadcut at 18:00 onwards and depart at 18:30 prompt, for The Sussex Brewery, 36 Main Road, Emsworth PO10 8AU to arrive at 19:00 and be ready to eat at 19:30. Those that wish to can meet us straight there at the venue but must be there for 19:00!!!
NB: Unfortunately, I am unable move this time, as we are taking over the whole of the venue’s eating areas. Its also worth noting that once seated, other than visiting the WC people are requested not to move around around and chat but stay in their seats for the duration.

Unfortunately, in these strange times that we are currently going through, we are officially limited by the MX5OC to 30 members only for drives and events but in addition to this, However, The Sussex Brewery have advised, that they can only accommodate 22 people in order to comply with Covid-19 restrictions for your safety.

To this end, this event will be run on a first come first served basis, so be sure to book your places early, to avoid disappointment and by 11th September at the very latest. :+1:

A reduced menu is in operation, as they are not currently offering the sausage platters, so the Sossie Menu choices are, as follows;

The reduced main menu is given below also;

Please reply to this forum post only, with your meal choices and also pay me the required amount for your meal including any starters and side dishes and remembering to add 10% of your total bill as a tip for the staff, who do an excellent job and always make us feel most welcome, which saves a lot of faffing about with tips at the end of the night.

Payments are via PayPal only and to my PayPal Account: malrowland21@gmail.com and I will log peoples payments as I receive them, ready to pass to the venue with our meal choices just a few days prior to the event. Remember to check the box for paying a friend or relative to avoid any charges.

Finally, the car park at the venue is not big, so as before, carry on along the A259 a short distance (130m) and you will see a right hand turn, Thorney Road, on the right. Go down here and park where safe to do so.

Best Regards

Mal, Serena, Terry & Diane

1 Like

@Malski21
Hi Mal, Serena, Terry & Diane,
Sorry to say we are unable to attend now, thanks Mal for being so understanding and making the meal refund
Regards
Patricia & John

Hi John,

That’s great will add that all to my spreadsheet once I receive your PayPal payment.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Mal
Sent…

Hi John,

Got that ok, thank you.

As I do not have visibility of the cost of the meals you have chosen I don’t know whether the £15 includes the 10% tip or not?

Happy to sort in due course and you are on the list.

Regards

Mal

Hi
Myself and my wife would like to come.We have had our MX5, our first, for about a week :smile:

This sounds like a great opportunity to meet everyone.

Thanks

JC

Hi JC,

Brilliant, it will be good to meet you both. Please put your meal choices on this forum soonest, as spaces are limited and pay me the total plus 10% and you will be all set.

Its one if our favourites, so it will be good to meet you and your wife and your 5, on the night.

Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal

Can we order

1 x Pork and Leek
1 x Smith Field
1 x Creme Brulee
1 x Treacle Tart

I will paypal over now and see you at Costa Coffee.

Thanks
JC

Hi JC, just seen a payment from “Speedypack” drop into my PayPal Account, so assume that is you.
If so, you are all set.
Best Regards
Mal

Hi Mal

Yep that’s me.

Thanks

Mal thanks for being so understanding and making the refund
Regards
J&P

Hi Mal,
Thanks for being so understanding and for making the refund.
Regards
J&P

No worries, I realise people need to feel happy with social distancing measures in venues.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal.

Esther and I would like to join you for this. Will send menu choices and payment over sometime next week :slight_smile:

Max

Hi Mal,
Can you put Jue & myself down and our order is:

1 x Smith Field £11.95
1 x Sussex Smokey £11.95
2 x Hot Chocolate Fondants £13.00
So food total £36.90 + 10% = £40.59

Will transfer to your PayPal account now.

Best Regards,

Chris & Jue

Hi Esther & Max,
Great stuff, I will log your choices and payment once received.
Regards
Mal

Hi Julie & Chris,
I have received your paypal payment thank you and also your meal choices, so your all set.
Regards
Mal

Hi Mal

Yes please, we would like to come

Please can we order:
1x Cumberland sausage
1x chicken Cesar Salad ( no anchovies)
£13.95 +£11.95 = £25.90 + 10% = £28.49

Payment will be sent ASAP

Many thanks
Andy and Alison Brennan

Payment just made