Cariad, (My love), sadly sold this March2018.

Due to my age(80) related  Macular degeneration and general lack of sharpness at the wheel , sadly, I felt it was time to let her go. However my wife and I shall cherish the happy and exiting memories of travelling  around the minor roads of France and Spain over the last 8 years.

However, I still have two Cheshire and North Wales magnetic shield door badges free to a CNW Member who wants to collect them from Oswestry, no rush, Just PM me . I shall still remain a member until my subscription runs out in December.

Gales.

Good morning Gales, may I wish you a happy continuance of your life? Albeit without the mx5. So glad to hear that you and your good lady have enjoyed the last eight years touring in Europe With it?  A salutary tale for us all though? We should all make sure that we enjoy ourselves while we are able (and capable) of doing so. Don’t put off until tomorrow what we can do today and all that stuff! You’ve obviously managed that quite well with the mx5? I know we’ve never met but your name and the lovely pic of the car in your avatar, has been one of those that has stuck in my mind? 

I wish you well for the future! 

Barrie

Many thanks Barrie for your kind words, however,my trips to Spain continue, but aircraft are so boring compared with Cariad,

Particularly boring are the long waits in Manchester Airport waiting for the 0600 plane for Malaga, never mind, looking on the bright side, I can walk, I can see enough to walk, Sit at a pavement cafe practising my Spanish, enjoy some good Rioja and watch the world go by, I consider myself lucky, that despite a TIA a few years ago ,I’m still enjoying life. A positive attitude es muy necesario, So, chin up and get on with it.

If you happen to be in Malaga Centro at any time, call in the Cafe Plaza (Plaza de Marina} you may find me there, recognised by a blue cap with a Welsh dragon badge. I’m usually there for one week every 2 Months.

Barrie,I fully agree with your comments regarding enjoying your MX5 while you can.
Time seems to accelerate as you age, so make the most of what is left.

MX5ers,  DO IT NOW, NOT NEXT YEAR.

ENJOY, and best regards to all
Gales. (Tom)

From the club website home page -

‘The Club for owners, drivers and enthusiasts of the World’s best selling sports car.’

Just because you no longer own and drive one it doesn’t stop you being an enthusiast.

Hope you are still going to be around on the forum.

Bettabuilda said it very well. Gives you a warm feeling when your ‘mates’ names pop up on a post, even if you have never met.

Enjoy every second.

Gales,

I’m 66 in June and fully committed to taking a few “health & safety” driving lessons at 75, which is not long away.

I’m fine, in my opinion, and still capable of piloting an Mx5 safely as it was (erm Sealed) designed to do.

In my opinion.

If however in the opinion of a professional I’ve lost the edge, that’s it. 

No doddering silver Civic thanks. 

I’d rather sign off 50 years behind the wheel having done no harm.

It’d be tough…very…but there comes a time for us all for whatever reason.

[quote=Gales]

Due to my age(80) related  Macular degeneration and general lack of sharpness at the wheel , sadly, I felt it was time to let her go. However my wife and I shall cherish the happy and exiting memories of travelling  around the minor roads of France and Spain over the last 8 years.

However, I still have two Cheshire and North Wales magnetic shield door badges free to a CNW Member who wants to collect them from Oswestry, no rush, Just PM me . I shall still remain a member until my subscription runs out in December.

Gales.

[/quote  Having been diagnosed with the same condition a few years ago (I am now 66) I fully understand where you are coming from!  Luckily my left eye is largely unaffected at present and my right eye is reasonable. When I no longer feel I am safe on the road or when professional advice suggests it I will be making the same decision. I do NOT intend being a danger to others. hence at present I drive “top down” whenever possible in my daily drive. Plan 2 is to allow my wife to drive my precious…but she is a very cautious driver (Slowwww) So I am packing in the fun whilst I can.

Best Wishes JohnD

Best wishes Gales, keep enjoying life that’s the main thing.

I can still get in mine and sort of get out ok, as long as I can do that then it stays. I’m only a yougster 64 in June and can’t believe I’ve been retired 5 years, time flies when you’re having fun.

Best wishes

Pob lwc i’r dyfodol Tom, a cymerwch bwyll efo’r Rioja na…!! 

Heddwyn