Cat N worth

Stunning Rob!!! Is an ND2 a 2016?

And what’s your fave things about it?

1 Like

Thanks Claire. You are very kind. Mine’s a 2018 ND2 2 litre. The ND2 came out in the 2nd half of 2018… Fave things…? Simple and quick opening of the roof, the wonderful 6 speed manual gearbox where just changing gear for fun is cool… But the big sky above is just magic :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

Haha, brilliant… There’s nothing like driving with top down is there…and I’m really looking forward to the Bose speakers! And the gearbox is just supreme isn’t it. That was partly what sold it to me, never driven such with such seamless gear change. I agree, beyond fun!

Mine is 2018 too, how do I find out if it’s a 2 then?

1 Like

Congrats on the new car! Always been tempted by a CAT car but closest I came to getting one was the one advertised on the forum in July. By the time I ummed and aaaahd, I missed out on it. 2015 Mazda MX5 ND SEL NAV REFLEX BLUE NOW SOLD!

Enjoy!

1 Like

The Bose is nice… One way to check is to open the drivers door, and at the back of the sill protector there is a label that say 2.0 184 on it… Also has reach and height adjustable steering. ND1 just has height adjustment. And the redline on the rev counter is higher - 7500 rpm :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

And if you’d like to view more ND pics and add yours - Please feel free to put them on my thread here… :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

I’d been keeping a close eye for a while… Carefully bought I think why not?

Yep, as with many things in life, do your homework on the risk vs reward and take the plunge if it looks good!

1 Like

That’s it, some cars get written off for very small structural damage.
My mk3.75 was only too costly to fix in the eyes of the insurance because of the pedestrian-protective pop up bonnet.

1 Like

Ah right… Yes my mk 1 has been written off twice, although it’s worth penny’s compared to the ND so can see why the insurer did… Would’ve cost more to repair than the car is worth for sure

It’s as if insurers base the repairs on rather inflated repair costs sometimes.
I am surely glad someone decided to fix Nugget when the insurance would not. His previous owner got a good deal out of it, and so did I.
He hasn’t missed a beat since being repaired.
So, is yours the ND2?

1 Like

I crashed a bike (my fault, no one else involved) a few years ago and the assessor gave me the choice, write it off or get it repaired. He advised the repairs would include things like filling and painting scored alloy fork legs where as the write off valuation would be based on new forks. So repair cost was approx £100 as opposed to replacement cost of £500. So the choice was mine, insist on new parts and it would be written off, or repaired economically.
I got it repaired and the bike was absolutely mint when I got it back.

I did write it off in a SMIDNSY accident a few years later, but someone else now has it back on the road. I don’t know how bad it was after the second accident as I never saw it again.

2 Likes

Mine is the previous gen to yours.

And my favourite gadget is the metal folding roof. It has literally changed what I thought I needed a car to do.
Sat nav is pretty great too, never thought I’d say that (growning up in the Alps, navigating is something we learn), and cruise control is ace on nightime motorway drives.
Like you, I really enjoy the gearbox on mine too. And the driving position.

1 Like

Nice car! You sound like me. I went from a 70s vw to a mk1 mx5 to an ND as my daily…. Heated seats are THE BEST

1 Like

Still not sure if it’s the 2, I’ll look. It wasn’t at mine until today as had to sort out parking permits… London hey… But took it for another spin, and it’s like taking off in a plane!!! And I LOVE the heated seats! The stereo is amazing! And the clutch, wow.

I’m a bit nervous driving it mind, in tight London roads…but think the width is same or very similar to the mk1? I’ll check… That should help! :joy:

Beautiful! Wonder why they didn’t put electric roof on the ND, have all mk3s got that? It’s a stunning motor that.

1 Like

That’s really funny you were tempted by that car, me too!!! I even emailed after to double check it sold… Really nice car isn’t it… And super bargain!

1 Like

There is an ND with an electric metal roof, called RF, but it is between a targa and a convertible, as only the top section of the roof folds away along with the rear window. The buttresses stay in place. It is very pretty with the roof up, but not as pretty as your soft top ND with the roof down, in my opinion.
Not all MK3’s are like mine, there are soft tops too. But the ones with an electric folding roof are all with a metal roof and are referred to as PRHT.

1 Like

I looked at the RF, but when realised the roof didn’t go all the way down, decided on the soft top… Does your roof go completely down then?

Yes, as shown on the pic. It is a proper convertible…
By the way, if you can adjust your steering back and forth as well as up and down, then your car is an ND2, as pointed out by someone earlier.

1 Like