Catch me back up :) Track prep questions

Finally getting another NC2(6 speed LSD) it’s been about 7 years since I had one / did any performance driving. Figured I would see what people are doing in the areas listed below in 2021.

For an idea on grip I will be running the Yoko a052 on OEM wheels. I might do a track day with the stock suspension but will be swapping to Ohlins or something similar very soon. Spring rates will lean more street then track.

Thanks for the help guys looking forward to your suggestions

Brakelines
SS lines

Brake Fluid
I hear the castrol srf stuff is the best and yes I know its pricey :rofl:

Brake Pads
My thinking was daily with Hawk HPS then swap to Hawk DTC-60s at the track or day before. I do believe this shouldn’t be an issue with the same rotors.

Rotors
Cheap blanks

Oil
My go to back in the day was the Amsoil Dominator and or signature series.
But what else is everyone running and at what weight.

Transmission
Redline was my thinking but again I want to hear other ideas :slight_smile: Also redline makes a few options so if redline which one.
Also could I get a year from it ? weekend street driving and say 6-10 track events

Diff
Amsoil Severe gear seems good or maybe I just like the easy fill bag lol
Also could I get a year from it ? weekend street driving and say 6-10 track events

Coolant
Was thinking one of the fancy premix from redline or VP
Redline supercool coolant with water wetter
VP Racing Stay Frosty Hi-Performance Coolant

Thermostat
OEM with 60k on it. Does it make sense to change it ? If so OEM or something better

Brake cooling
Had no plans for this. Figured for a stock power car on street tires none would be needed. Please correct me

Oil cooling
Again no plans figured it was not needed.

General cooling
Plan was to leave the cooling system completely stock unless the NC2 requires changes to keep it from over heating. please let me know

Seat
There is a local race shop near me so whatever fits me well and doesn’t rub on the door :slight_smile: Most likely FIA certified

Safety
Local tracks don’t require a roll bar and with my car being PRHT options are limited. I will be doing a few track events without a bar with plans to source out a local shop that can do a CLEAN install of a PRHT bar. This is still a street car after all not looking to ditch all the plastics and rear speakers.

A harness will only be used if I get a roll bar with a harness bar. Might look into something to improve the stock belts if they are not doing their job. But in the past I have always ran stock belts with a racing seat.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I only change to performance parts if the OE version is failing or lacking and it’s usually brake pads, fluids, shocks and springs, tyres, arb’s.
Try the car on the track as it is on a short evening session first and find it’s weaknesses, improve from there.
That’s my Tuppence worth and have fun.

You should have no problem with OEM or Brembo discs and I’d put a vote in for Roddisons pads. The latter available from BOFI racing

1 Like