Christmas Market at Barton Marina - Saturday 14th December

Hi all,

Following last nights meeting we suggested a run to Barton Marina on the 14th December. They have a Christmas Market on over the weekend of 14 /15 December.

Due to other commitments we have to make it the 14th. Due to the current changeable weather the route will be decided on the day and there is no necessity to actually come in an MX5 as I know some people prefer not to use their cars in bad weather. 

The destination and not the journey is the important thing this time. 

Plan would be to meet at The Spread Eagle at Gailey for a run up to Barton. 

Please let me know if you are interested. 

Colin & Jan

Hi Both,

We are interested in run to Barton.

Regards

Sam & Nigel

hi I’m up for that can u put me and penny down

Hi Colin & Jan

In the diary for the 14th.

Chris.

Hi Colin and Jan
We are Interested, and will meet you at the Marina if that’s OK
Thanks
Keith and Elaine.

Could you pls give me the post code off the spread eagle  thepub and time of meeting up.

Maurice

Hi All,

The Spread Eagle at Gailey is on the A5 / A449 roundabout Postcode is ST19 5PN.

We will probably be aiming for a 9am meet. The pub is open for coffee and toilets if needed. 

Colin & Jan

Hi to both.

Will be on the run Sunday if the paraffin pigoen keeps flying weather is bloody cold in Russia at the moment some snow but the wind goes straight through you.

Maurice

Hi to Each

Sorry should have said Saturday

Maurice

Hi Colin,

What time are you expecting to arrive at Barton Marina? We live just down the road and would meet you all there.

Nigel & Ayliffe

Hi sorry won’t be able to make it after all something has come up sorry hope u have a good day all

Hi Colin
Can Yvonne and I join you on Saturday
Cheers
Andy

Hi Colin, sorry we can’t make this but we’re at Warner’s. Hope the weather is kind and have a great day. Trev & Sue. 

Hi Everybody.

Ok so here are some (hopefully) final details. Weather is still an unknown but I have a planned route (I have printed copies) which is a nice run out and shouldn’t be too weather affected. Takes about an hour, maybe a little less.

So meeting will be at The Spread Eagle at Gailey as previously mentioned but looking to leave at 9am to get to Barton Marina for around 10am. We will probably be aiming to get the Gailey for 8.30 and maybe get a coffee. I will leave it up to you whether you want to join us but a 9am start is the important time. 

So for Nigel and Ayliffe we aim to get to Barton Marina around 10am which I believe is the opening time for the actual Market.  

Hope the weather is good and we find enough parking at Barton. Look forward to seeing you all. 

Colin & Jan.

Hi

Can’t make it going to look at a mx5 sorry.

Maurice

Hi Colin and Jan
Thanks for arranging the visit.
Because of going direct we failed to meet up with you but enjoyed the visit all the same.
Had to park on the field so off to clean the car now!
Best regards
Keith and Elaine.

Only just saw the last 2 posts. 

We had a great day today. 6 cars. Started at 9 from Gailey getting to Barton Marina at 10. Had a wander around the stalls then a coffee / hot chocolate in the cafe. I then led the cars to Byrkley Park Garden centre where we dropped the girls off while the guys went on the Tatenhill airfield for a quick look around and refreshments. We then returned to pick up the girls and we went our separate ways home. 

Thank you for everybody who joined us today…

Colin and Jan