Claim to fame?

I know you must be expecting this question, were the tea spoons bent :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

No, but I bet the motorcycle forks were!

1 Like

No, but I did see his Cadillac with all the bent spoons stuck to it. One day he called into the dealership and bent a key. It was a small flat and uncut key I got from parts and when he dropped it into the palm of one of my customers it was very hot!

1 Like

Once appeared on stage with Danny La Rue - nice bloke

2 Likes

I bought a snooker cue off Ray Reardon. Charming chap, one of my heroes as my sport was playing now watching as I’m past it.
Anyways he was doing an exhibition in North Wales at one of the holiday camps and afterwards we had a chat. He went out to his car and came back with this cue, he showed me how I should hold and address the ball etc with said cue and I bought it.

I played in the amateur leagues for around 30 years, creaking bones and failing eyesight I was forced to call it a day.

2 Likes

She’s pure class…
Just keeps on having babies!

5 Likes

I feel that pain, although we have had an enforced rest for 2 seasons now obviously. I am sub’ed in when one of the youngsters want to do something else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

She came from a good background, her mum is Janet Ellis of Blue Peter fame

3 Likes

Got naked with a five times Olympic gold medallist.

Back in my rowing days at Molesey Boat Club showers after our crews had both won our events in the sprint regatta. Way before any inkling of Olympic medal fame.

Edit : Didn’t say who it was - Steve Redgrave.

1 Like

And her husband is Richard Jones from The Feeling.
Sophie’s last 2 albums have been pretty good, and she is great in concert.
Her Kitchen Discos every Friday during lockdown have been a very entertaining watch too. Top lass.

2 Likes

I did security for “Prisoner No. 7,” many years ago how the world has changed…! Cannot say any more sorry…

Your name will be on the list. What is your name?

Aged 10, whilst on holiday in Scotland, I had the pleasure to share the hotel Jacuzzi, with amongst others, Henry Cooper. Over the course of 20 minutes, he recounted to me and my farther, the early years of his boxing career and answered many questions from an enthusiastic 10 year old. A real gentleman and a lovely man.
I know the post asked for only one CTF, but I was also told to F#$€off by Bob Geldof, when asking for an autograph. Not my favourite human being!

I believe he suffers from delusions - of his own importance. :-1:

2 Likes

Continuing on a sporting theme from my previous post. Many many years ago I had the pleasure, sometimes not a pleasure of dealing with a Mr Brian Clough. Back in the 70’s I worked part time at a petrol station and he was a customer, he could be an awkward so and so at times and others quite pleasant. He dropped a few match tickets in from time to time but I never got to go, I worked Sat afternoons and the boss snaffled most of them.

Shaken hands with the Queen and Prince Phillip at Buckingham Palace.

4 Likes

Well I could tell you who had told me to F#$€ off but it’s supposed to be one claim to fame. Which would I choose?

Mid 1980s we shared a jacuzzi and swimming pool with Charlie Williams and Bert Weedon and their respective partners and an offspring when we spent a week at Sinah Warren. Two really good couples happy to talk to anybody, even us. The Warners Stars all stayed at Sinah Warren while doing the southern circuit of the ‘camps’.
Charlie had seen me trying to windsurf in Chichester Harbour when there was almost no wind. He had half an hour of funny stories all about windsurfing… possibly observational inspired by watching me and the two others…

1 Like

Aged 16, did a full aerobatic routine, including loops, stall turns, barrel rolls etc in a Pitts Special, flown by Tommy Warburton, one of the founders of the bread company. He was a friend of my dads, who had some private planes up at Blackpool Airport in the 1970’s and 80’s. Fantastic experience! A few of the 1970’s entertainers of the time also used to hang around like ■■■■ Emery - who I was watching playing on a one armed bandit (my dad was stood next to us - I was about 8 or 9). He asked if I wanted to pull the arm as it was his last go and he had not won anything. So I did and he won about a pound, so he asked my dad if he could buy me a coke, which he did - nice bloke.

As a kid Roald Dahl came to school a couple of times and read his books to us. He was pretty reclusive by then so was quite unusual.

1 Like