Clyde Sea Loch Trail

I’m spoiled as I live in Helensburgh (when not working down south) and these are my home roads - no jealousy now

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Clyde_Sea_Lochs_Trail

There really are some fantastic driving roads around here - be careful on the A82 going through Dumbarton though - BIG police HQ there & usually a few speed traps & cruising traffic cars.

A good addition to before and/or after the NC 500 or just on it’s own if you don’t want to go so far, driving up the West coast of Scotland is phenomenal - I would,if I where you, use this as a base for a touring holiday on the West coast - you will enjoy it - promise.

Thanks for the link above, it’s noted and we’ll have a look at that.

We are visiting the area in Sept coming up from Ayr and stopping over at Arrochar (Loch Long) for a couple of nights then moving on to just outside Fort William. We are working our way up the West side  to start the NC500 route from Inverness clockwise direction. All in from our first stop near Dumfries to our last, two nights in Edinburgh (total 18 nights) we will have covered a fraction of what Scotland has to offer so will be back for more I’m sure.

Any other suggestions welcome for our visit although we have a long list of places already to visit.