Coilovers

I know the subject has been flogged to death but my 2007 Z Sport has the standards Bilsteins and lowered 40mm on H&R springs which while I’m more than happy with the stance the drive seems ok but at a higher speed to me it seems a bit floaty i suppose i could call it. Possibly the Billies getting a bit weak as car is on 92000 and think original.

Would i find much difference with a decent set of Meister’s or similar and would the drop/stance be similar to what i have now ?

New Kumho PS71 just fitted all round which should hopefully stop the DSC light flickering on which hopefully was due to the cheapo new Deestone rear tyres i inherited with the car.

I can only say it will be greatly improved. I had the same set up pre the Meister’s and found it floaty as you say although the handling was ok. If you have Meister’s fitted you say how low you want it, I recommend no more than 30mm drop, it’s just about spot on. You can then adjust for a firm of softer ride.

Thanks for reply, it does seem the way to go, more than happy with current set up but at speed on a less than level road i get a floaty effect, maybe H&R springs are fairly soft as the ride is very good and not harsh at all which i would have expected being 40mm lower, more so than my Rx8 was on standard springs.

Had Meister’s fitted and it changed the car - love driving it now - hugs the road like it’s on rails.

John