Complete newbie tyre question

I’m looking to put some winter tyres on my 5, it currently has a mismatch of tyres, all size 195,60,R14. I’ve read recommendations for Nankang Snow SV2s, but can’t find them in this size. I’ve seen them in size 185,60,R14, but don’t know if I can put them on. My question is what different sizes can I fit on my 14inch wheels? The current size tyres being 195,60, R14. I know nothing about tyre sizes so any help would be appreciated 

I seem to have answered my own question, found a site https://www.oponeo.co.uk/advice-and-tips/tyre-size-calculator which can show you what different tyre sizes you can use 

The standard size tyre on your car is 185 60 14 I believe.

This would be the size to use. Any other size of tyre requires you to infom your insurance company that you are not running your car on the standard size tyres.

That includes the summer tyres that you are using.

Just to check, personal message me with your reg number and I will double check the tyre size for your car.

Ok PM sent

Get yourself some uniroyal rainsports regardless of tyre size and drive with confidence in the wet or dry with her, and it will not break the bank.

And stick with your size…195,60, R14.

M-m

Unless it is running on track slicks on the roads, or going to be doing track time or stupidly over sized and daft cambers you do not need to bother the insurance Co’s , they will just say fine…how many Mx-5/roadsters or miatas are rolling on standard rims now, not many, plus the OE standard MK 2 rims were rubbish, you only had to look at them and they buckled…  even worse for imports and as for the OE tryes, most of them were rubbish and mass installed ,if they are still made? dunlop sports were ditch finders with nice hard rubber, so they will never be re fitted to any of ours and never recommend, there are some good tyres out there that will not break the bank and are great to ride on and corner with now and far safer.

We personally have rims with tyres for  summer use, a  winter set and a set with snow tyres, personally thinking far safer than any insurance Co  and a lot of drivers on the road out there any way, so I have not and never will be installing a direct line to the insurance Co’s every time I change them to the conditions the uk throws at us, with my common sense.

So OP stick with your 14" or 15" with good tyres for road use unless she is a later version with 16" rims and then even so do the same.

M-m

I can thoroughly recommend Goodyear Ultragrip 9 tyres. I bought a set of steel winter wheels with them fitted for my otherwise standard Mk2 and they were so impressive I left them on all year, including a sprint fun day at Curborough (to be fair they did struggle a bit for the latter but I certainly wasn’t the slowest car there)!

Don’t fir the SV2, they are not very good at all. 

Yes I’m going to fit some rainsports for summer, not sure how well they’d do in winter. Can’t seem to find any rainsport in my size just rainexperts? I’ve ordered some Hankook winter i*cept RS2s

Just as great in winter…( In my personal used them opinion)   I order them from  https://www.camskill.co.uk/  and get delivered straight to the door.

M-m

Remember that the 195 tyre size is not as fitted by Mazda, therefore you must advise your insurance company of ths non standard tyre fitment. Not an issue but if it is not reported to the insurance company, they can refuse a claim as they all ask if there are any modifcations to the car.

Good tyre the i*cept.