Condensation in Sidelights

1. My model of MX-5 is: 1990 NA
  2. I’m based near: Chesterfield
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Condensation in Sidelights

Hi all,

So I have condensation in the far-side indicator (side light). Usually, it dissipates by itself, like the other side has done countless times. However for the last couple of weeks it hasn’t made much progress.

It looks simple enough to take off so I can wipe it, but just wanted to ask ahead; are there any seals at behind the plastic cover that would need replacing if I remove it?

Cheers,

Seals around bulb fittings, or sometimes the seal around perspex breaks down

Do you know where I can source something like that?

I’ll admit I don’t know what it’s called, but MX-5 parts doesn’t seem to have it.

Check the side light socket , very common issue, they are prone to not sealing correct from owners breaking off the locking tabs as they twist and lock into place with a rubber seal, and most either over do it or pull them out , the best thing to do is replace the socket with a more modern rubber one that becomes a push fit…

For a quick fix until sorted correctly is get some blue tac and mold some on the socket to the unit to create a seal, and easierly removed to sort correct.

This should help…MK 1 front side light socket fix including detango and swap around - Mazda-Menders
M-m