Croft Sunday 13th September

Lovely MX5 with North West sticker in Croft car park at today’s for BRSCC.

There was also a very smart, low mileage Mk1 in classic red - I think with the reg ending MXV.

It was a great days racing for MX5 enthusiasts with hordes of Mk1s doing battle during the afternoon…watching them drift through the complex side by side was a joy! I’m always amazed that I don’t see more 5s in the car park at a race meeting featuring the BRSCC series - I spotted one Mk2, a couple of Mk3s plus the other MK1 mentioned. There were a couple of very faded red road-going MK1s in the paddock but that was it.

This was a BIG MX5 meeting with apparently very little interest from owners in general…a shame.

I couldn’t be there as I’m in Singapore for the F1 weekend but have done rockingham, Caldwell,oulton and next to donnington for the supercup mk3’s, great racing, even more of a day out when your mates on track!

I agree it was a pity not to have more MX5s at Croft. I parked at the back of the complex where there has been a good collection of MX5s in previous years (I think the Nutz group organise  a get together with a parade lap before racing starts on the Sunday).

Did you see the lovely red ND in the paddock?  I think that Mazda could do a lot more marketing at these events, as there were a lot of potential customers who had an interest in MX5s.

I had a great day out with my son (his first visit to a Motorsport event). I put a post in another section to say thank you, as I was lucky to get a pair of free tickets, which helped with cost of traveling from the far corner of Yorkshire. We had a lovely drive there and back using some twisty back roads, with the top down.

Only problem we had was sun burn.

George

Hi I was there too in my mk2.5 and spotted all the others!

A great day and under represented from fellow 5ers!

Chatted with the mk4 owner who rates his 1.5!

He has a mk1 pimped up too so well familiar with the cars!

A place like Croft should have been full of fives from Yorkshire Ridings and North East as on their doorstep! Especially on a sunny Sunday!

Thanks again to Pete Mc for sourcing the tickets 

The Croft races are on Motors TV on Friday 25th supercup at 15:45 & Mk1 at 16:20, probably repeated several times in the week afterwards.

I’m not sure why there were only a few MX5s at Croft, maybe cos it was the week after the summer rally?

I put a post on the YR area when the free tickets post went on the forum, but not much activity on the forum.

Did you see the interesting MX5 with the BBR sticker near the entrance to the paddock?

It was the first time that I’ve seen the ND in the metal and it did look lovely, especially in red with black trim.

George