David's Mid Week 8th June Run to Mrs T's Southwold for Fish & Chips

Meet B&Q (South) car park NR4 6FB at 9.30am. Leave at 9.45am

Slightly later meet than usual. Drive 1hr 15mins to Parham Airfield Museum (Emergency Only 07974951604) open 11am. Free (donations). Enroute photo stop at Saxted Green Mill IP13 9QQ. Although not open today our cars with the mill as a backdrop will make for fine photos.

Then on to Parham Airfield IP13 9AF. Arr approx. 11.15am. The museum houses a collection of recovered aircraft engines, uniforms, photos, documents, combat records and memorabilia. USAAF base for the 390th Bomb Group during WW2. The Nissen Hut houses a recreated barrack room, showing the conditions the airmen would have lived in during the war. Coffee break at their canteen. Leave about 12.30pm. Drive 40 mins to Southwold Harbour West Quay car park.
Walk 15 mins to Mrs T’s for fish & chip lunch (1.30pm)
Afterwards short walk walk up river to footbridge and then back to our cars.
Return drive of about 55mins to the A140 / A47 junction on the Southern Norwich Bypass.
Let me know if you would like to be ‘on the list’.
David

Route in Google maps link (fingers crossed):

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#label/Car+%26+travel%2FMX-5%2FNorfolk+5s%2FRuns/WhctKKXXGvJqSzcgWNHXPNZtfnMNPMVssLmJBGkQjsQNNChlgKKJTvfKhDhcgdpKkSLRfZg

List…
David
Laurie
Mick & Gella
Mark
Richard

It sounds like an excellent run and I haven’t visited Mrs T’s for the last three years, so it will be a welcome visit munching their quality food in the open air. Please add me to the list. Thanks, Laurie.

Yes please David can you add Mick & Gella to the list please.

Laurie,
You are on ‘the list’.
David

Mick & Gella,
You are also on ‘the list’. Fish & chips outdoors by the river, should be good.
David

Morning David,
Please put me down for this one. See you Wednesday.
Mark

Mark, great that you’re joining us.

Hi David

Back from my extended break in Cumbria and keen to give the Mazda a run out. Parham and Southwold sound perfect so will see you on Wednesday. Richard W.

P.S. If Kevin A. reads this I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that we would be pleased If he could join us again in the Boxter.

Richard,
I am also back from a holiday - Isles of Scilly, trust you had a lovely time.
I will add you to the list.
David

Hi Richard
Most kind and appreciated but sadly working all this week so no chance.
Hope you all have a great time.
Kevin

Hi David, Gella’s not having a good week so far, if we don’t make B&Q hopefully will be able to catch up on the run. Cheers Mick

Mick & Gella,
Sorry to hear this but hopefully you will catch up with us. Weather looks sunny but lot of showers but think the guys will ‘go for it’ we made the most of the last run which had a very wet forecast. I’ll try and put the route link in Google maps on my first page to help you find us. I’m aiming to be at Parham Airfield soon after they open at 11am. and Mrs T about 1.30pm.
David