Day Time Running Lights - options for mk3

Hi
I’m thinking of doing that myself, as I’ve replaced the sidelight and dip light bulbs already ( mk 3 ) , what LED bulbs have you used in the fog lights to act as running lights ?

These are the ones I used - Perfectly happy with them.

These are the ones I have:

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h11-twenty20-cree-led-12v-canbus-foglight-bulb.html

As you know plenty of this type about but I bought the twenty20 ones as recommended by 999to5. as he has done it with success👍

Thanks chaps, I’ll order some this weekend, I assume it’s a fairly straightforward job, :+1:

1 Like

When have you ever known changing a light bulb on modern (ish) cars to be a straight forward job :flushed::joy::joy:

1 Like

I didn’t want to hear that :grin:
I recently changed the dip beam bulbs , there’s a fun few hours involving huge amounts of swearing, bringing the designers parentage into question, along with plasters and TCP , the side lights are ok though :+1:

:joy::joy::joy:
See what I mean👍

Mine arrived this morning along with the Twenty20 side light bulbs.
Got the sidelights in and so much better.

The fog lights are quite straight forward (ish :joy:).
Remove the 3 screws and the plastic pop rivet from the cover “under” the car.
Push it back slightly and get your hand in and twist the bulb/plug connector anti clockwise and pulls out fine.
You WILL need to put the Led bulb back in first and “then connect the plug”.
(That will save you some time and a fair amount of expletives).
All to do with space and room, but couldn’t really see.
A vast improvement and looks good.

Well pleased and a great result for a quick and easy inexpensive mod.
As also stated got the warning light and the buzzer for the lights to remind you when stopped.
Many thanks once again to 999to5 for the tip. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Very welcome

Glad you’re pleased with the result :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1: