DIY smoked front indicator side lights 🤔

i know someone who smoked their own rear lights, which look fantastic.
has anyone tried this with any of their lights, but particularly the front indicator side lights?
or does anyone know of any ‘how to’ guides, either text or vidz?

Something like this?? I believe you can buy these as aftermarket parts… previous owner added these… I really like them.

1 Like

very nice car :open_mouth:
i kinda meant these tho:
fli
i always think that ‘front indicator side lights’ sounds wrong.
but thats what they’re called on the ebays and the googles. :thinking:
i’m just gonna call em ‘front lights which arent the pop-up lights’ from now on.
:blush:

Ah ok makes sense! In that case I’m not sure but any window tint place would most likely be able to do this… I got my wagon tinted and while there they were wrapping and tinting all sorts!

There’s loads of video on ytube though, and relatively cheap to do… however for the cost of buying the wrap, Heat gun, tools then the time spent with trial and error, I would pay someone to do it… they are a tiny surface area and probably would only be an hour work depending how easy it is to take the lights out.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

TechniQ tint spray is good stuff if you’re good with spray paint.
After that you apply lacquer and smooth off the lacquer with fine grade sand paper (1000-6000k/ trizact disc) and then some compound polish and they look like factory. Is a lot of work though.

Tint film/wrap professionally done would probably best the best option, like said above.

Lamin-x is a known branded for tint film.

1 Like

thanks to both of you, that’s exactly the sort of thing i had in mind :blush:

Like these?

1 Like

I put a set of these on my black NC3. At under 12 quid, they are very good (and you can easily swap back to the stock indicators if you don’t like them). You do need to re-use the gaskets from the original lights.

They are completely black when “off”, but very bright amber when “on”.

1 Like

I have the tinted front, side and reflectors. Various sources - ebay/mx5parts etc

1 Like

thanks for the pics @bally3 @Philip @IanC :smiley:
these look great. gonna get mine done. just deciding on the method.
:blush: