Double, triple, quadruple posts

I’ve been caught out with the dreaded ‘404 NOT FOUND’ error message again this last evening (Monday 26th February 2018).

It came up three times when I was contributing to the ‘Frivolous Frivolities’ thread, so I gave up, and assumed they were lost, only to find a triple post turning up later on.  Sorry - must be more patient in future !

Yes, have to be really patient with this at times - I have signed out completely and back in and completely forgotten about my post before it eventually turns up. I reckon it has been over 15 minutes from 404 message to post actually updating.

It is worth copying and pasting your intelligent thoughts:-) to wordpad or similar in the interim though as on more than one occasion my posts have never materialised.     

Basically what Rhino says  I’ve had this, as a lot if folk have? My ‘solution’ when it happens, which is quite often, is just to copy all the post, then refresh? TBH pasting it into Word or whatever is a very od idea? Quite often, the post is there after all but if not, I just paste it all in again and attempt to repost the content? Only this morning, I wrote my version of war and peace (in terms of length of pistol) about my new steering wheel? Got to putting the pics in and the whole thing froze? Not sure if this was my internet or this website but I’ve lost it all? Quite frustrating-to say the least? 

Barrie

Hmmmm… the site does seem to be particularly bad recently, after a period of behaving itself.  In fact, I’ll be rather surprised if anyone actually gets to read this ! 

Either that Chris or we would be reading it several times? 

Barrie

The way I do it is, if it hangs after pressing POST don’t be tempted to press that post button again. If it doesn’t post and does nothing, even if the 404 page comes up I just close the web browser down or go on another website, come back later and more often than not it’s there and shows up as been posted.

It is annoying though when it does get lost into the ether never to be seen again

I’ve obviously done it on the thread regarding tan seat covers?  Ended up with a triple post Mick? 

Barrie

I go to file and open a new window.

Open this site again and see if the new post is there.

(This is on a Mac but I assume microsoft does the same)