Driving E.U

Well after much debate and rumour monger it seems that you will be able to drive on your British License in Europe after January the 1st and without any International Driving Permit and Insurance stays the same for the time being. Also your EHIC will stay in place and there won’t be any roaming charges either.
All you got to worry about now is your Covid free.

1 Like

The EHIC card will remain until the expiry date of the card. (Not replaced).
It is anticipated that this will be replaced with the Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).
However, the mechanics and procedure of that are not known as yet.
Remember that treatment will be limited if using the EHIC system.
Therefore, it is always best practice to make sure you have good travel insurance in place in my opinion.
Happy travelling in due course. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Useful link for travel