Eibach sport pro kit or Meister Zeta CRD for 2007 NC 2.0

Hi All,
Thoughts please on the above suspension kits. I want to keep the car as close to OEM as possible but I do like the idea of having some adjustability. Any owners out there who have either fitted any advice would be very much appreciated.

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC
  2. I’m based near: __Powys
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Suspension upgrade

I’ve just ordered the Zeta CRD’s due to the excellent feedback from so many people.

Hi Dave,
I’ve ordered the Eibach kit but am now thinking for a few quid more then I could have the Meister’s. But I’m not sure I want anything so technical, part of me wants fit and forget. But at the same time if the car would be better to drive with the Meister then I may go with them!

Spend the extra and go Meisters! :ok_hand:

1 Like

MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers for Mazda MX-5 (NC) 05-14 £829.00

Are these the ones you fitted? £160 more than the Eibach kit, very tempted!

Another :+1: for MeisterR Zeta CRD. Got them fitted on my 2010 NC a couple of years ago and I was out testing them through Powys yesterday afternoon as it happens.
They don’t have to be a pain, set the ride height and forget. Adjustable damping is great using the little knob and you can feel the difference in the car it’s not a gimmick. I probably only adjust mine a couple or three times a year. Stiffened them up yesterday for spirited driving around North Wales but most of the year they stay set fairly soft for the crappy English roads.
Don’t forget your O.C discount if you buy them off BOFI Racing you get a 5% reduction. If there’s not much difference in price I’d definitely go for Meister’s I don’t think you’d regret buying them but you may regret not paying a little extra and going with the lowering springs. They really do make a big difference to the car although I’d have to admit I’ve never driven a car on lowering springs. Most guys who’ve been there before us wish they’d just gone straight to coilovers and not bothered.

Hope this helps.

Meister had 40 sets of Zeta’s yesterday for pre-order. Right now, there’s 17 sets left. Selling like hot cakes !!
My chum is waiting for the Sportive shocks to come into stock as he doesn’t want to spend so much, but they’re not due until late June or July…ish.

Order details

Product Total
MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers for Mazda MX-5 (NC) 05-14 × 1 £829.00
MeisterR Slip in Adjusters × 1 £20.00
Damper Adjustment Extension Cable (Pair) × 1 £25.00
Subtotal: £874.00
Shipping: Shipping
Payment method: PayPal Express
Total: £874.00 (includes £145.67 VAT)

Just pulled the trigger on these!
Good job too as eibach have been in touch, the kit I ordered is delayed until the end of May!

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll regret it. MeisterR are priced very well IMHO. If they were 2k+ like Ohlins it wouldn’t be such an easy decision but for the price they are pretty impressive. Enjoy and please let us know what you think after you’ve tried them out.

Any ideas where you’ll go for your fitting/alignment?

1 Like

Received these today…WooHoo !!!

2 Likes

Enjoy. :grinning:
I have mine with a measured centre of wheel to fender lip of 350mm front and rear, never any speed hump scrapes at that height.
I have my damping set to 26 rear and 24 front (from full hard) when I have a passesnger , and then crank them up firmer when i’m driving alone. Mine is a daily driver and mostly driven with just me in it, needless to say I have great fun messing with the damping and tyre pressures.

My rear measurement at present with -30 Eibach springs is 330mm without occupants. It looks great, but when either me or both of us are onboard, it’s all too easy to clip the dreaded speed humps. I’ll probably want at least 340mm on the rear to start with and see how we get on.

My CRDs arrive tomorrow!

But what is the function of the ‘slip in adjusters’, do I need them?

Many thanks

Russ

I asked the same question and received this reply:
The coilover kit is all you need. The rear extension cables are nice to have if you do not like to remove trim to access the top of the suspension turret, but not necessary.

The Slide in adjusters for the front are nice too but you can alway just use a 3mm hex/Allen key to do the same job. You will have to drill a hole through the factory strut brace for either of these methods.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Hope that answers your question, just counting the pennies in the piggy bank, almost ready to hit the “Buy” button😊

For the sake of £25, I considered the rear extensions well worth it. I have the IL Motorsport strut brace fitted, so the front adjusters are easily tweaked if desired.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the reply.

By the way, I was undecided for ages, but after a few scotch and cokes, I pressed ‘buy’!

Thanks Edwin

My MeisterR ZetaCRD have just arrived, but after reading the instructions, it states in at least two locations that these are for ‘off road use only’ and ‘should not be used on public roads…’

But the website states that the CRD’s are for road use - now really confused

Can anyone help? Does fitting these mean an MoT failure?

Thanks

Russ

No worries with MOT at all, I’ve has several sets on several different 5’s, never an issue. I reckon it’s the ‘catch all’ phrase to protect seller? A lot of aftermarket stuff has this in the T’s & C’s. Get them on the car, you won’t regret it! :+1: :+1:

Barrie

I haven’t read through the paperwork that came with the shocks…so, can anyone confirm the out of box ride height setting they come with ?

I have fitted MeisterR to a few cars over the years and have the Clubrace version on my NC.

I don’t think they always come at a predefined height, but I always measure the front pair and rear pair to make sure they are the same each, usually out of the box I have found them not to be the same.

So I set them the same in pairs, then adjust once on car.

1 Like