Electrical Question Re. ND

Now have my new MX5 GT RF Auto, admittedly only done a few miles but having had a MK1, MK2, MK2.5 and a MK3.5 I think this one is the best so far although my MK1 Vspec comes a close second

Anyway the reason for my post. Just fitted the corner markers and would like to light them up. I have all the parts required and wiring the rear ones are not a problem. Getting at the wiring to the headlights looks to be a right “b”.

Could I use a piggy back fuse holder in the headlight fuse to supply the front markers ?

NOT QUALIFIED TO COMMENT

However does seem reasonable to me, let us know how you get on.

Thanks for comment, think I got it wrong, if I do that it won`t be switched, doh !

HI
I wired mine to the front tear drop light at the headlights, had to remove wheel arch liner etc, If you do your way it may only com on when the headlights are on .I would run a temporary wire to see if it works.

There is another fuse for tail lights, Ill try a test wire on that, if thats no good then I`ll go down your route……….

PS I also fitted two red Led bulbs and two amber in the side markers , five led in each bulb,looks much better!

Sounds good, I bought clear, where did you get yours?

Four years ago the small wedge LEDs red and amber were hard to  got hold of.  I  got them from super bright LEDs  USA  ( expensive shipping )  but  Amazon should have them now.  Regards  

Hi DennisR
How did you get on wiring the front corner markers? I also thought of a piggy back did you try it? Thanks

Andrew

Andy, as it happens I might have just got the answer. You need to access the headlamp connectors. On the righthand headlight you need to tap the green and the black wires, and on the lefthand headlight the red and the black wires. The rear markers use the number plate light although mine are working ok by tapping the side lights at the moment. This was done on an early nd, 2015 the wiring colours may be different on later ones, mine is new but I have only just got this info and have yet to try it. If it does work then good, let me know.

1 Like

thanks buddy