Eunos Roadster 93' (1.8)

For those that haven’t seen on other forums, after threatening a couple times to get back in a 5 after selling the NC, I won a Eunos Roadster - Mazdaspeed B-Spec Stage II in a Facebook bonus ball raffle.

Paid a princely sum of ÂŁ20.00, certainly my cheapest car to date.

Has been used as a drift car so very rough, but minimal rust.

From what I can find the Mazdaspeed B-Spec Stage II is putting out in the region of 170bhp.

I won’t bother going into details but I’ll post some images of when we got it and some of the work carried out so far:
MX5 1-2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 1-1 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 1-6 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 1-5 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 2-2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 2-1 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 NA -14" by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 NA 20/08/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 NA 20/08/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 29/08/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Big ticket items fitted/re-fitted so far are: Torsen Diff, new Exedy Clutch and Gearbox, Entire Interior, Suspension Raised, Cobalt Exhaust, Non-Leaking Roof, Non-Faded Bootlid with spoiler.

Anyway, I’ll try keep this up to date as we fit all future parts, it won’t be concours level stuff but it will be my daily once complete.

Thanks,
Scott

Holy moly. Good on you!

What a project - good job you like tinkering ! 

Thanks guysLaughing

So another weekend spent on the car, some stuff actually got put back on:

Gearbox had oil and new boots fitted allowing some of the interior to be put back in:
MX5 NA 02/09/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Drivers door replacement was fitted along with a replacement electric door mirror, what a job that turned out to be:
Airbox removed for manifold swap, found a broken sensor on what we think is the power steering pump, also allow for the A/C compressor to be removed:
Old Manifold off, turns out it wasn’t fitted correctly, RSR 4-1 manifold test fitted, a reducer to the cobalt cat-back system will solve where it’s been cut and allow for easy fitting.
New door bushes:

No pictures of the refreshed window wipers, repaired floor stiffener, new lock set and ignition barrel fitted or the massive leak in the airbox (where it’s sucked oil in from the engine bay), oh and to top it off the Lambda sensor that was fitted wasn’t working either.

Bought a smaller Nardi wheel and D1-Spec slim quick release, but don’t have the earth ring with tab for fitting so can’t get the horn to fit/work yet.

Anyone know where these can be bought from? Can only find a Momo counterpart on Ebay.

Some more to updates for this, I’ve not been working on the car but my dad has, he used to own a bright yellow Triumph Dolomite Sprint, sold a few years ago and I think he’s been missing tinkering tbh.

Replacement wings and bumper that came with the car have been off to a family friend for paint, ÂŁ23.00 in total, will look decent enough from 6ft away :smiley: the rest of the paints in worse condition anyway.
MX-5 13/09/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Got some more bits, some tinted front sidelight/indicators and some tinted rear lights as well as a Jass panel for above the radiator, it’s for an ABS model but I can get some grommets for the holes. Also picked up a Zoom Engineering fuel lid, may refurbish and sell on or fit to the car, undecided currently.

Also, got some stickers made up for the car from Ailsa at Team Beard, decided to name it “Project 52” as that’s the lottery number that won the car and that’s likely how many weeks before it gets back on the road!

I think that’s about it for now, won’t get near it until at least mid October. So it’s looking less likely to be on the road this side of Christmas.

Cheers,
Scott

Should really have kept this up to date, but a lot has happened since my last update. The cars now been on the road since mid-2018 and been through three MOTs in my time of ownership. In the end the engine was swapped after discovering it was just a standard unit, where the B-Spec went will remain a mystery. To date the only things that haven’t been removed at some stage are the dash and the fuel tank.

I won’t go into detail on what’s been done, but here’s some pictures in some sort of order:

MX-5 Road Trip by Scott Reid, on Flickr
MX5 08/18 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
PSX_20200212_125001 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
IMG_20200127_001642_163 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
PSX_20200310_172853 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Will keep this up to date with any future work, thanks for reading.

With the car back on the ground I took it to Autotec in Port Glasgow for the alignment. I asked for the fast road setup listed on BOFI, which I think is the standard settings after some research.
IMG_20200306_171057 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

The rear camber is the best we could get, since one of my HSD’s is seized at a slightly different height, not ideal but fine for now.

Fitted a 4 point harness I’ve had sitting about for a while, still retain the standard seatbelt, these are easily removed from the bottom and kept behind the seat, so I don’t need to faff fitting it to the roll bar every time I want to use them. They’re not to bad to use in a daily driver in all fairness, but I’ve not gone on any massively long drives yet.

PSX_20200310_173115 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Lastly, took part in my first autosolo, thoroughly enjoyed it (despite finishing near the back of the field) I’ll be booking up for the next event whenever that is. I’ll need to try some different setups/tyre pressures as running the road setup resulted in massive under steer.

PSX_20200316_140432 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Quick snap of some of the cars there that day, the black 5 in front of mine was the overall Autosolo winner that day, it’s running a supercharger (maybe one day!)

PSX_20200314_184238 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

1 Like