Evening Drive on 18th September 2019

Hi Everyone, 

In a change of plan for the previously advertised event on the 18th September, please see the Events Calendar Post at the following link;

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/diary/action~agenda/exact_date~18-9-2019/

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

For a bit of fun, there will also be a “Music Quiz” at The George Inn, for the years 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s & 90’s, which should only take approx 30 minutes….there will be prizes for the winner and runner up!

Hi All

We would like to sign up for this event. Thanks.

Dave & Linda 

I should be able to make it to this one… 

Max 

Yes please, count us in on this run.

Ron and angela 

Hi Mal

Thanks for organising. I would like to attend.

History shows that I have little (low to nil) aptitude for pop quiz knowledge.

Kind regards

Simon

I’ll be there.  Please book me in.

Thanks, Colin.

Good to see all the responses thus far, for this drive.

Simon - I am sure this will be your time to shine

Keep’em coming

Regards

Mal

Post deleted, as revised details have been posted in a later post.

Regards

Mal

Hi again everyone, 

Due to a change of circumstances, I have now taken over the running of what could be the last evening run of this year

So, I am just giving this one another nudge, as September is fast approaching and we currently have ten people lined up for this event and we have capacity to take another 10 people.

So, if you fancy a nice drive through the hampshire countryside on the 18th September, please respond to this post, so I can get an idea of numbers and keep the venue informed

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Please put our names down for this drive and evening meal.

We’re looking forward to joining and seeing you & everyone at this event.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Hi Sally & Colin, 

Great news. Glad you can join us and we look forward to seeing you on he day??

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

With reference to your post number 10, do you mean the 18th September and not the 8th?

If it is the latter, then Angela and I won’t be able to make it.

Regards,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes, finger trouble. It was meant to be 18th September ??

Rgds

Mal

Mal really meant to say 18th September ??.

B.T.W. We were expecting to see you and Ange at ‘Weald and Downland Museum’ last Sunday 

Morning everyone,

Those that attended Terry & Diane’s wondefdul drive to The Bear & Ragged Staff, Nr Romsey, will know that Max, very kindly volunteered to run the drive on the 18th September to The George at Finchdean, possibly our last evening drive before the clocks go back.

Yesterday, Saturday, Max and myself did the recce and the route is set and will, in the next couple of days,  be posted once the information has been put into TULIP directions for you all to download.

The only change is that he start point will be Morrisons at Horndean, just off the A3, as it’s a lot easier to exit there due to there being no traffic lights to hinder our convoy progress, which has caused issues when departing Sainsbugs Farlington. There are some lovely MX5 roads for you all to transit, so it should be a good one.

Max and I also had a chat with Anne the Landlady, and all is good and if the weather is kind to us and not wet she will have the gate opened to park in their field immediately behind the pub, which we did last time we visited this hostelry. 

Best Regards 

Mal

Hi please add me in aswell .

Jules x

Dear All,

The final update for this drive has been made to the Event Calendar at; https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/event/solent-evening-drive-to-the-george-inn-at-finchdean-on-18th-september-2019/

Max did the final drive to check the route and all is good and it is attached, in PDF format, to this post for you to download at your leisure

The only change is the departure time has been brought forward by 15 minutes, to ensure the convoy gets to The George at Finchdean, at a reasonable time to avoid pre-ordering.

Enjoy the drive and Supper at The George Inn - its a good’un

Best Regards

Mal & Max

Hi Mal, I see you still have Patricia and Me down for this event, as you are aware we are unable to come, hence you and Max doing the event instead