Exact model/spec identity 1993 eunos

Hello,

Sorry if this is not the correct forum page to ask this, but I cannot find any other page on MX5OC site which seems especially relevant. Maybe you can pass this on the the correct persons(s) within the club who may be able to help me out.
I have a Eunos.
First registered 30/09/1993 in Japan, so hopefully safe to assume that was the year of manufacture
Imported (Dandycars) in 2006/7. I have been the sole owner since it arrived here in the UK.
First registered with DVLA 07/02/2007
I am now getting ready to sell the car and in order for the ad to be as accurate as possible, I am hoping to check facts.
The VIN is NA8C100399
My understanding is that the variant is a 1.8 V-Special. However, within that category, I don’t know whether there is more than one series of V Special and if so, what each one is exactly.
I don’t think my V Special is any more special than any other V Special, but was just hoping to double check that.
What I can confirm is that it has the usual V Special features, power steering, windows, mirrors, leather, headrest speakers, nardi wheel and gearshift etc but also ABS.

Any help in confirming whether this is a specific series within the V Special specification would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

Take a look at the label in the door-shut (if still there, not removed as part of respray or repair)… that should give details of model

Mine shows G-LTD.

Cheers, Tim

Thanks Tim,

I had looked at that before, but didn’t think about it as possible model identifier (doh).
Bottom of the right hand column on the label states “SPECIAL EDITION”
Bottom of the left hand column states Model Spec N028-41T. Wonder if that means anything specific.
Anyway, this is a good way to better identify my vehicle and help confirm its provenance when I go to market. She is very original.
Have attached a copy of the photo here, which I hope readers can see.
Any further inputs from fellow members would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Neil

Its an extremely early 1.8, registered on launch day.

The 1993 1.8 brochure:

There were two variants of the V-Spec; plain V-Spec and V-Spec II

The only real difference is that the V-Spec II had 14" chromed (not polished) wheels, and chrome finish power mirrors.

Not the best scan, but another spec listing

Hi Saz,
Many thanks for that - very helpful. From the info provided, I can now see that it is definitely a V Special Type 2, as it has the Enkei 7 spoked wheels in chrome - plus the chrome mirrors.

An interesting bit of history also that it was first registered on launch date in Japan.

Thanks for the original brochure too. Would be handy to speak Japanese :grin:

Much appreciated
Regards
Neil

Rokemarshan, it sounds like a good, original car, can you post some photos of it?

Will do Andy. Will come back asap.
Regards
Neil

Andy/others on this thread, here are some photos taken today.
As mentioned I am looking to sell. The car is not on the market yet, but if anyone looking at this wants more images/info on the car, I have plenty.

You can PM me on neil.godfrey60@outlook.com

1 Like

You can use various tools online to translate the documents, as long as the scans are good. All Android phones can also use their cameras to translate documents, or bits of them.