Excellent rally

I would check with the museum reception. I lost my wallet at the show (left it at the till in the cafe) and it was locked into their safe and duly returned. One very thankful MX5 owner. 

So I would like to thank all the organisers from our club and the museum staff for a fantastic day out.

This was my first MX5 rally and I was impressed with how smoothly it ran. Great location and plenty to see and do. Credit is due to all the organisers. Thanks for the gift presented at the club stand and also the “I am Special” mug for showing my car in the anniversary line up. 

Below is a link to some of my pictures taken at the event.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoMV72tM56bNj2UwQMLw9WAlVPrx

The website needs to be brought into the 21st Century though!

Thanks to all the organisers and helpers on the day, my first National rally, bigger and better than the spring event in Bristol which I also enjoyed. Run up the Fosse Way was great, lovely warm weather and plenty to see when I got there. Few more food stalls might have helped but other than that, thanks to all involved.

What’s the problem?

Where do you start.

No App for iOS/Android.
Very slow to upload posts (almost impossible yesterday).
Double/duplicate posts often.
Can’t just upload photos, need to be third party hosted.
No generation sections - NA NB NC ND - I find it difficult to find posts related to my preference. I have an ND, I would like to easily read ND posts.

I’m sure there are valid reasons for some of these things, but as others probably do, compare it to miata.net and it seems like a poorer cousin.

Sorry to sound negative. I currently use the resource for free, so I’m not really in a position to be critical, but if it was more appealing I would more than likely become a paid up member.

All valid points no doubt. For duplicate posts, someone has posted instructions on how to avoid this so worth checking that out. I agree the third party image hosting is a problem although the biggest issue with that seems to be the recent policy change by Photobucket (or other similar website) to charge people for third party hosting services.

Generation sections - IMHO we are an all inclusive club and many issues cross the MX5 generations, in principle if not always in terms of how they are resolved. There are already numerous sub-sections on engines, bodywork, electrics etc and if this had to be replicated for each generation the forum would become very unwieldy and many sections might well have few or no posts. A lot of people do include the NA, NB, etc in the subject field so you can use the search function. As long as people have included reference to the generation in their posts then you should be able to find them, although I appreciate it’s perhaps not ideal. FWIW, I used to be a member of the MG owners club and on their forum they did have separate sections for all the different types. However, I often found I missed a lot of useful posts and information because I only tended to read posts in the section relevant to my particular MG. Keeping all posts in a general area can be quite useful but again, may not be ideal for everyone. As ever, it’s horses for courses.

There are of course various solutions to the issues you have raised. You may have seen the other thread on here about the time it takes to load messages etc. Several fellow forum/OC members are of the view that this is an easy low/no cost fix and have offered their expert IT opinions on what needs to be done. Whether anything happens is another matter.