Extremely low miles car

Morning all, seen this for sale and thought it might be a good discussion point?

Barrie

2 Likes

Very rare - if it was a Mk1 I would buy itā€¦ but not a bad price I suppose, but a small number of people would pay that for an ā€œoldā€ car I guess?

Last MOTā€™d in 2006.

Usual caveats about perishing rubbers etc, looks like a nice car, one for a collector more than a regular user as the value will plummet once itā€™s in regular use.

1 Like

Its difficult isnā€™t it? The ā€˜attractionā€™ is the sub 1k miles so if put into use, it would loose that USP. It will be a narrow market indeed. Originality is a plus but as said, perished rubber elements might need replacement.:thinking:
Barrie

Well, that is a lot more expensive than it was when it was for sale in the Automart at Beaulieu Autojumble last year then!
I have a feeling the guy selling it then wanted Ā£8950, and it had 752 miles on the clock - so someone has done 3 miles in it since!!!
It did look really lovely when I saw it there and looked extremely clean and like new underneath too, but would obviously need new tyres, and general recommissioning (cam belt, hoses, etc?)
According to the seller at the time, it had been bought by a man as a present for his wife, but she didnā€™t really get on with it (?!!) so it was stored in their garage for the last 12 or 13 years?
(I have seen it advertised since for Ā£15,000, so the current seller has reduced the price!!!)
I am almost kicking myself for not making a cheeky offer at the Autojumble, but my husband said I couldnā€™t have yet another car!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very interesting back story for this car! :+1: thank you for adding! At least youā€™ve seen the car in the flesh and can comment on its condition!
Barrie

2 Likes

Thatā€™s been on Used Cars NI for ages, there is also a mk3 with 5000 miles on it , not to far from me so might go and have a quick look just for curiosity

1 Like

Thank you Andrew for that information :+1: very handy that your near the garage too!
Barrie

In my time with the club Iā€™ve came across or know of a very low mileage MX5ā€™s in or around Belfast area, one ex member has a 2007 icon with 12k miles and another with a silver mk2 with around 4K miles , donā€™t think either are for sale at this time.
Thereā€™s a red mk1 for sale on Used Cars NI for Ā£3500 showing 10563 miles but this might be a typo as the same car is on gumtree with 130000 miles.

2 Likes

I am not sure where this car came from, but the guy who was trying to sell it at Beaulieu Autojumble last Spring was from just outside Southampton I think?

1 Like

Spotted another low mileage car for sale in N.Ireland, mk1 with 33k miles.

1 Like

That Phoenix is now a time warp museum/private collector car.
Actually using it would be as destructive to itā€™s value as pressing the Flying Scotsman back into regular service. Items like draining the fuel? Well these one donā€™t have a drainer, so out with the rear subframe to drop the tankā€¦for a kick off.
Shame reallyā€¦wonder if Mazda UK would like it for their collection.

Donā€™t suggest that, they are inclined to lend their heritage fleet to the motoring press, occasionally with inevitable consequencesā€¦ !

1 Like

Oh cripes Martin!

Reading the mot history on this silver car shows that it has been sat around and shows that not using gas as many issues as using!! Had a bit of rust a few years ago and it cannot have got better, so must have had some work. Looks better than most thoughā€¦

Must have spent most of its life in mainland uk before arriving in NI then parked up as you canā€™t check the MOT history (past results) online for vehicles tested in Northern Ireland, I think you have to phone or call in to local test stations. Makes you wonder why it doesnā€™t seem to have turned a wheel for the last few years.

As stated very limited market. Mine was for sale for 12 months before I purchased at 17k miles last year.

And another low mileage car appears in Northern Ireland, just spotted it no connection to seller

Saw this at the weekend in Southbourne, Bournemouth. Not very old, but only has 2680 on it.

This is making me feel like my 2002 NB with 23k on it is actually high mileage now!

1 Like