Family cabriolet?? ideas?

Not that I know of but there aren’t many that beat her away from the lights.

It’s a small price for happiness.

The issue with the SAAB is the handling. It really does feel like none of the wheels are connected to any of the others…you can literally see the body flexing around you.

But, for cruising with the family, it’s perfect I’d say.

Hi,

I have a late BMW E46 Convertible that is my daily driver and have been very happy with it. No reliability issues and it drives extremely well. It’s the diesel version, so I guess out of the price range, but the petrol’s are more reasonable.
They do tend to get abused, so it was just a matter of finding one with good history that had been looked after.

Rich 

I traded my Saab Vector Sport in for my MX5 as my family has grown up. It was a nice car and its a pity that Saab went under. The only down side was that the handling was terrible through the bends/corners. Great on a straight road though. Thats a nice model you have a aquired there. Here is a picture of one I had.

Enjoy your Saab.

Having owned, and driven a shed load of performance and drivers cars (including the odd Aston) i can vouch that BMW’s are terrific quality drivers cars. We’ve had a lovely classic black e34 530i complete with the super smooth V8 - great kickdown. An e38 728i steptronic, magic carpet ride limo that one, and an e34 328i Cabriolet, manual, full black leather, a real flying machine. I will get another bimmer in the next year or so, probably an e46 325i cabriolet. German build quality and superb rwd drivers cars.

Having said that SAAB’s represent an excellent purchase at the moment. A lot of car for your buck, and your cabriolet looks superb. Enjoy. Thumbs up

What is the effect of thr rear seated area on these convertible saloon car derived vehicles with regards to wind buffeting.

On my Mk2 MX5 putting up the tiny Mazda supplied wind deflector improves things.

Do they have a wind buffeting problem.

Most have windblockers available for behind the front seats so not a problem if its just 2 of you. Back seat passengers have to like it or lump it im affraid but my kids have never moaned about it.

I can only comment on my Saab vector vert, yes there was a lot of turbulence in the rear at speeds of 60 and over.

I must admit that the BMW was best enjoyed in roof down mode cruising around town or down by the sea. I didn’t realise how windy it is with the roof down until i got my MX5 which is a great deal better at speed. I have to admit to liking my convertibles ‘slab style’ i.e. all windows down when travelling with the roof off. That probably didn’t help but it was still a little windy around the neck with the big gap behind. Cruising mode for the 2+2’s i think Wink

I have a work collegue who will be selling his Saab Aero convertible. pretty sure the spares situation for the slightly older cars is fine.