Fault code P2107

1. My model of MX-5 is: __mk3
  2. I’m based near: __Bournemouth
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __fault code P2107 diagnosis fix
    Have already obtained cleaned and fitted a replacement Throttle Body following on line advice. car went into limp mode. Disconected battery for 30 mins tried to erase code but keep getting fail. Local garage with 2k diagnostic OBD also failed to clear code. Have ordered a replacement throttle pedal assembly. Mazda say it may be a PCM fault and insist that they need car for full diagnosis.min half hour fee. Help! Car is standard has done 98k has no Mazda service history…

After weeks trying to get data from Mazda to check resistances and voltages from throttle pedal to throttle body decided to swap round the relays. This changed the problem from limp mode to wouldn’t even crank, or started but died, depending on the relay position. Did the usual trick of resetting by disconnecting the battery then Did erase code/rescan on my cheapo OBD 'll reader. The car ran and drove perfect for a while but then refused to crank again. Swapped relay position and got limp mode again. Marked up the suspect relay that stopped the car cranking in the ST location. Had to resort to a full diagnosis trace fault replace relay and reset codes at a garage with Mazda data computer £104 . relay was £6 from Mazda. A bit annoyed that data was not availiable to do this myself… Any comments.

My Comment…
Googled ’ MX5 MK3 P2107’ and first entry

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and link. I read this forum which made me think the throttle body was at fault. Mine gave a reading of 40 ohms and the replacement was 170 ohms. Mazda refused to divulge any technical data if not a registered and authorised garage. I feel that this is a bit unfair as it discourages owners of older vehicles attempting to effect repairs. I wonder if I had bought a new relay I could have reset the codes and got a result for £6. Maybe this should be moved to a general discussion forum?. I have contacted Haynes with the suggestion that they could sell a plug in OBDll with an app that gives access to the online manual with access to model / fault specifc on line data.
This would make lots of enthusiastic and passionate ametures very happy. It would provide revenue to manufactures who share their data under a licence agreement and give Haynes a new product. Please share and discuss

Would be interested to hear the remedy for this. A couple of posts I read suggested ETV relay replacement cured this problem. Is the relay part of the throttle body or located elsewhere? Some wiring info here
http://ncmiata-servicemanual.com/ServiceManual/manual/mazda/2008/miata/g5/books/g5w01/html/id010245811100.html
Found the relay location
http://ncmiata-servicemanual.com/ServiceManual/manual/mazda/2008/miata/g5/books/g5w09/html/id092100800600.html

Your problem is quite rare and some confusion as you found with the resistance readings which would appear to be quite random/variable.
The beauty of MX5 ownership is enthusiastic owners who do share information, if not here, certainly in the states.
Would you be good enough to reply once more to your thread with the location and specification of the offending relay as this does seem to be the solution to this particular issue.

The relay is found in the fuse box at the front right when looking into the engine bay. There are several relays most pale blue, one was black so assume this was replaced in the past. The new one supplied by Mazda is orange, its location is shown on the lid as ETC which I guess would be Electronic Throttle Control ? As the garage fitted this not sure what they did to clear the codes. That’s what you have to pay for these days. Still trying to get Haynes to help with this…