Favourite MX-5 Photo (gallery thread - no chat)

Share your favourite MX-5 picture, simple rules.

• One photo per post, MX-5 cars as the subject, photo taken by you.
  • Rough date
  • Short description of the situation
  • Photos only in the thread, post without photos will be deleted.

I’ll start, car freshly detailed in July 2019 at the Grain storage facility close by which offers a great industrial back drop for photography.

You can upload more than once, provided you follow the rules for each post.

22 Likes

JSS at Blyton September 2019, it was a tad damp! :joy:

11 Likes

On our trip to Ireland, this is the bit of southern Ireland which is almost north of Northern Ireland, looking south towards Island Roy down the Drongawn Lough, from where we stayed in the Inver Cottage in Dundoan. This was during our extra week after doing the excellent Giants Causeway tour with Solent.

Somehow the car just blends in, and yet still stands out because of two minutes of sunshine on a generally overcast day. 10.22am 2nd June 2019.

21 Likes

shortly after I bought the chili icon! September 2019 wedding present from my wife

5 Likes

First time I ever drove an MX-5, 29th August 2016

8 Likes

September 2017 on our way to Inverness to start our first drive of the NC500 route.
Starting our first ever trip to Scotland we kicked off from Dumfries on to Ayr, Loch Long then Fort William. It was from Fort William we took the opportunity to visit Eilean Donan castle, a picture opportunity presented itself so why not. Many places visited of course over 18 days, we returned last year to sample more.
We may get again later this year, it’s all booked for September but that is in doubt now.

27 Likes

May 2019.
Intensive Care Unit.
Not posh & shiny, but not a future tumble drier either.

9 Likes

May 2019.
Ooooh…slightly shiny but never posh!
The hooligan is released on bail & bound over on a good behaviour order. :woozy_face:

12 Likes

16 Likes

Bluebell basking in the autumn sunshine.

26th October 2015 a few days after bodywork repairs and a complete respray.

Wentworth Castle my wife’s former teacher training college in the 1960s

8 Likes

My Arctic outside the old balloon shed in Farnborough.

11 Likes

my first and only mk1

13 Likes

Car had been wrapped the same week, this is straight after the new interior had been fitted and the week before 2018 Spring Rally at Goodwood. Car went on to win it’s class in the competitions!

Barrie

14 Likes

First wash and polish after returning home following a huge amount of metal work, a complete rebuild and a respray.

16 Likes

This picture was taken by a chap during a late summer car rally/run which I only found by accident. I like the movement in the shot.

13 Likes

My Mk4 on second day of ownership, Wallington, October 2019:

11 Likes

My Mk2.5 Arctic 1.8, Putteridgebury, August 2012:

13 Likes

McLaren driving day, Goodwood, Oct 2017. The 570S was spectacular and had a great cross-country drive home in my Sport Black; very memorable day out…

12 Likes

Donington just about this time last year.

12 Likes

Anglesey Transport Museum November last year, good drive there and back with the local MX-5 group and this pic just captured the car so well, it also got a lot of compliments that day.

13 Likes