First Post, Newish Member - R-Ltd Refurbishment

Hi All,

I used to be a member here about 15 years ago when I had a Mk2.5, I sold that a long time ago and after a long gap without a 5, I bought the car I dreamed of owning back then, a Mk1 R-Ltd. I’ve owned this car for 4 years, its pretty sound mechanically, but the bodywork and some of the interior leaves a little bit to be desired.

Now the weather is starting to improve I’ve decided to take it to bits and give it a bit of a refurbishment. Here are a few photos of the progress so far, I hope to update this thread as I go with my progress.

Sarah

Front

Interior

Rear

6 Likes

You go!
I’ll be following this one anyway.
:wink:

1 Like

Looks like an interesting project. Good luck

Hello and welcome Sarah… Looks like you are getting stuck in with that one… Look forward to seeing it progress :slight_smile: Rob

R-Limiteds seem to have gotten quite rare.

Now there’s a name I remember from way back!

I’m like the barman from the Shining, I’ve always been here.

1 Like

Welcome and good luck on those long long nights working on her :+1:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Today the cracked dash has come out. I have been lucky enough to source a replacement R-Ltd dash, I hope it will be easier to replace than it was to take out!

Dash

I forgot to add in my first post that it my intention to keep everything as standard as I can and I’ve spent many years collecting up R-Ltd bits when I have come across them.

4 Likes

I like to keep mine as standard as possible too - I don’t track mine, so don’t feel the need to change anything!
Those R-Ltd bits you have amassed will soon come in handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look out for a Yen coin lurking underneath the passenger footwell carpet area.
Some sort of Good Luck token in olden days. I put mine back.

1 Like

Well impressed…

No Yen, but a bit of rust in the passenger footwell :frowning_face:

Interior no carpet

1 Like

Me too recently during my refurb. Not a lot of corrosion though…seemed surface crud due t o decades of dampness. At any rate, the soundproofing came out not too bad, and it was Dinitrolled.

What does everyone do for soundproofing? I’ve just converted a T6 into a camper and used Dodo mat, worked well, but found it to be really heavy.

unbranded 10mm closed cell self adhesive foam, eBay

1 Like

Silent Coat seems popular on here.

@sarahavfc I have an R-Ltd so very interested to follow your project. Any more progress?

is the colour scheme gonna be claret and blue?