First Rain for 7 Weeks!

After seven weeks without rain, yes 7 weeks! The Lune Valley finally got a sprinkling of rain April 28. The forecast is showers for a the next few days, so maybe the 25 mm cracks in the vegetable garden might close. Hopefully I can then plant out some leeks.
Plus dig the remaining vegetable plots which never got dug during the wettest Autumn/Winter on record.
(Lune Valley location:- M6/J34 crosses the River Lune).

Stay Safe

Keith

1 Like

Yes it is welcome, my water butt was empty, unusual for this time of year.
Not that long since we had rain, I remember my wife getting soaked joining the Sainsburyā€™s queue two weeks agošŸ˜¬ It wasnā€™t that much, only about an hourā€™s rain.
Had a moorland fire at the weekend in North Derbyshire itā€™s been that dry, that was allegedly from some numpties having a barbeque.

We had a good rain here in East Anglia yesterday, first for ages, plus very cold as well. How long before we have a drought announced!

1 Like

80+ litres of rainwater from the roof of our 12x6 chicken run in one day. Much needed.

1 Like

Sadly there are plenty of ā€˜numptiesā€™ around MickAPā€¦ :roll_eyes:

And now itā€™s so cold the central heating had to go on, twice in over two weeks.

First rain :cloud_with_rain: here in North east of England :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ in weeks definitely need for gardens and grass etc not good for my Top down driving , still drove home from work with Top down well it was not too heavy only 1 click on wiper stork :laughing: :wink::+1: