Flat battery two times in three days

If the car hast been sitting around a dealers forecourt for weeks and been being moved a a few yards at a time, batteries suffer and don’t get a full re charge. When your car arrived, have you been for an extended drive? Or has it just been parked up?.
You need to use it to return the battery back to full charge.
If battery is completely cream crackered you’ll need a new one.

My car until last week had a leisurely life only doing at most a couple of thousand miles a year.
If it was not left on a trickle charger the alarm would drain the battery in about 7-10 days.
I left it for a couple of weeks without being on the charger… tried to use it and flat. I used my sons car to jump start it with the leads and off i went for about 10 miles.
Later that day it refused to even give a decent “Click”.
Lucky old me had the jump leads in the boot, (I was in a car park) a lady very kindly let me use her car as a donor car but it failed to start.
This is where I got lucky again as there was a Halfords in the retail parking area.
They couldn’t have been more helpful, they first tried to use a “Starter” pack… no joy… he then went and got a volt metre thingy, and it read 9 volts… the battery was completely killed.
£80 for a new battery, and £4 on an adjustable spanner (cheaper than spending £18 for them to fit it for me) and I was on the road again.
When you do flatten the battery the traction control light come on. to clear you have to turn wheel lock to lock. turn off, remove key, reinsert and bingo all ready to go.
My NC is an 06 plate, and now on it’s third battery, so not bad really, and now as a daily driver should not have those issues any more. If you have the NC make sure if you buy the battery yourself that you get the terminals the right way round to fit the wiring. (Halfords even took my old battery away for me)

1 Like

Have you checked the interior light. Left mine on accidentally and it drained the battery overnight. Check if it is hot from being left on.

1 Like

gusto. love it

Sadly no longer with us. She was a beautiful girl. Got her from a rescue.