{For everyone's information}

Hi folks

This is not a club drive out it is just something I noticed in our local paper that I think will interest one or two of you.

Sunday main line steam trips from Burton on Trent to Stratford upon Avon, about 4 hours main line steam running for £26/£42 first or second class per person for main line steam running that is very good! Add in 5 hours free in Stratford that’s great, It would cost more than £26 in fuel and parking to go there.

The website is “West coast railways” and the trips are called the “merchant of avon”

There are 4 or 5 Sundays to choose from.

I have just booked for myself and Karen first class for the 28th July.

Anyone is welcome to join us for the day or you can pick another date if you wish.

Cheers Dave

Hi all

Well we had a cracking day out plenty to do in stratford and a great trip to get there, I know we paid a bit extra to go 1st class but it was well worth it pullman coach was very comfortable tea and coffee complimentry both ways and even had my picture taken in the cab of the loco at stratford station. There are still 3 more of these trips running over the summer if are looking for a day out to treat the other half it is spot on!