Formula 1 vs Formula E

Hear Hear !

Here’s the link to the official website -

Formula E Fanboost

Three rounds so far this year, Stoffel Vandoorne has got the fan boost in all three races. Admittedly he’s only had two 3rds and a 6th in the results but it just makes a mockery of the racing. Whether you like the F1 DRS system or not it works the same for everybody so a level playing field.

I quite like Mo Farah as do plenty of others. I suggest we all vote for him to be allowed to take an Uber for the first couple of miles of the next London Marathon.

Like a lot of people I’ve been watching various motorsports for many years, including Speedway , Hotrods, Superbikes, Formula 1&2  Classic car racing , Drag , NASCAR      (on TV )etc etc, often live at the circuit  or on TV, and one of the things that make it so exiting for me and my sons , is the sounds and smells,  as well as the visual side of things .

I realize I’m a bit "old school "  and as time goes on ,  E series racing will be regarded as the way forward, particularly if it becomes more unpredictable and exiting, but for now, the smell and noise of highly tuned race engines in whatever form of motor racing, predictable or not,   suits me fine, Live or TV.

Boz

It doesn’t sit comfortably with me either - but I am not the target demographic . People who don’t have the enthusiasm I have to sit through a wet club meeting at Croft want participation and stake in what is happening on track . The purist in me is appalled but the realist recognises that FE’s recipe works. FE has NINE manufacturers involved , F1 has four …

Personally I’d far rather watch and listen to a field of historic Lola T70s and Chevrons , with a soundtrack of small block Chevys and screaming Cosworth FVCs , than FE but I’m not going to ever see that on an inner city circuit . And for Generations Y and Z the idea of burning fossil fuels - for fun !- is abhorrent . And they are probably right …