Fuel additive Dipetane

Hi,
I agree with many of the posts.
when I used to physically decoke an engine, we always left a ring of carbon around the piston for better sealing. Dipetane won’t.
No sale for me:)
C.

Use it all the time here, 10 -15% fuel saving in the day car and it runs a lot smoother, although it must be said that the petrol in Ireland isn’t as good generally as that in the UK.

What really annoys me is that if I can achieve that sort of saving by using an additive then why can’t it be added at the refinery? An easy way of achieving a significant reduction in carbon emissions from the transport fleet! So what’s stopping the government insisting on it?

Redex for me although it’s been a long time since I’ve had a car fail on emissions. It’s probably the same basic ingredient(s) anyway.

What do you consider expensive? My local autoparts shop charges €10 to treat 200litres of fuel. A farm contractor I know runs a fleet of 15 tractors on it and swears its worth every cent.

Aldi recently recently had a special on Redex: two bottles for €5.

Up Cork !

I just use 99 Octane, mainly Shell V Power all the time, never had any problems in 17 years of MX5 ownership.

1 Like