gear stick turret oil

First post - forgive if this has been said before - but I just did the gearstick boot change and every guide I could find said 100ml of gearbox oil and pics looked like it should be visible. It looked dry so I put 100 in…nothing showing. Another 100? Still thirsty. In the end I tipped the whole litre in and still no oil level showing at the turret. And none on the ground either. It seems to drive ok, but yes, I do have a mk2.5 sport with the 6 speed box!

Will it do any harm having overfilled it?

You’ve just topped the gearbox up with 1ltr of oil, the turret on the 6 speed does not have a separate oil reservoir so it’s gone straight into the gearbox… I guess it will need to be removed and the correct amount putting back. Just for clarification the 5 speed takes takes turret oil.

The window switch connection block was not a pain for me. I researched it in Haynes and on YouTube and with very small screwdriver just released the clip and pulled the plug.
I changed the turret oil (1.8 NC) but no real difference in use.
I have removed the console twice now ( second time to fit a new non cup holder storage box) and twice the wiring plug was a doddle.