Glad to become a member. Hello from Tokyo

Wow !! Fabulous condition !!

From Hokkaido :astonished:
Landscape of Hokkaido is similar to one in Scotland. So your V special must be enjoying to see familiar landscapes.
Hope he learns Scottish accent :blush:
I used to live in Edinburgh to cultivate my English and bought my 1972 MGB roadster in a garage located in Fife in 1985.
Remember my great days there and enjoyed driving Glen Coe, isle of Skye, Fort William and so on and on ——.
Hope to drive my own Eunos there.

1 Like

Interesting!
If you do make it, try and contact me/us up here…a convoy would be fun.
Hokkaido looks amazing. Very large…but steeped in traditional culture as well as modern buildings. My wife & I appreciate & admire Japanese cultures & art. She enjoys, as a retirement hobby, painting from Japanese water colours. We have some antique original bird water/pen & ink examples. However, the genuine ones we prefer to buy are now, unfortunately, far too expensive.

These are two she did. Unfortunately, she tends to give them away.
I kept these two.

2 Likes

We were meant to be visiting Japan on a tour at the end of March but unfortunately it was cancelled a few days before we were due to fly which was a great shame. We were looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Wow awesome !!
Very beautiful water color paintings.
Great wife you have.
Appreciated your and your wife’s generosity to our culture.
Hope you will come and drive in Hokkaido.
Maybe this will happen before my visit to Scotland :sweat_drops:
Hokkaido and Scotland have many thing in common like whisky :blush:. You will love there.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that :sob:
When you come next time in Tokyo, love to see you guys here !!
Will take you to my Eunos garage and you may find some interesting parts :blush:
Look forward to hearing your visit !!

2 Likes

Wow !! Fabulous condition !!

It was not in very good condition until last year.
It had a very hard life as my daily work car over 14 years.
It also had a lot of hard use in other ways.
However, it deserved some kindness as a loyal “servant”!

Some Japanese service records, original Owner Handbook, and the “lucky” 100 Yen coin put in at Hiroshima under the passenger carpet.

We also have this, which was rebuilt a few years ago.
Glencoe.

We are not really interested in other cars.
Mazda got it right. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Konnichi-wa!
Lovely to hear from Hokkaido. My first teaching job was a year in Takikawa in 1986/7. Great memories of the beautiful and wild island. But no Eunos at that time, of course! Now have a Mk3.75 called Kenji! Would love to drive it round Furano national park!!
Andy-sensei

Hello!

Welcome. I’m a big fan of Japanese food, culture and engineering philosophy! In addition to my mk2.5 MX5, I’ve also had plenty of Japanese cars and motorbikes, including a Honda S2000, Fireblade, CBR600RR and plenty of Kawasaki Ninjas.

I’m lucky enough that I get to visit Osaka and Tokyo with work. When I’m there I try and get out and explore a bit. I’ve visited to the Kawasaki museum at Kobe, and I’ve been to Hiroshima, but the people I was with didn’t want to go to the mazda museum, so we stayed downtown and visited the peace park and museum.

When we start going to Japan again I WILL get to the Mazda museum. I’d love to go to Motegi to see the Honda facilities too.

Next time I’m in Tokyo I look forward to a trip in your Eunos!

Ben

1 Like

Great condition. Better than new !! Also interested in LOG book, Japanese MOT document. Soft top of my Eunos is the same beige colour. BRG matches with this colour U think. Thanks for beautiful picture of yours in Glencoe. Parking lot in downtown Tokyo is sky high, so I can afford to own just one. My another car is Peugeot 504 Diesel (Year 1980). Two seater Eunos and four door saloon — am not interested in other cars like you.

1 Like

Hi Andy Sensei,
Am actually not from Hokkaido. My uploaded of YouTube was from other Eunos owners about their experience in Hokkaido and I derived. So, this created misunderstanding of my location. Apologize for this.
Btw, did you stay in Takikawa on JET program ??
We now have much less snow in winter because of global warming but the time you were there, there must be a lot of snow I believe. Am curious about your name Kendo and your car name Kenji. Did you play Kendo in Japan ??
I drove in Hokkaido in my Peugeot last year. See a picture in Oonuma National Park. Beautiful place. ! Am planning to visit and drive in Hokkaido naturally also in Furano !!

Peugeot 504 in Oonuma Nationa Park.

My Eunos in downtown Tokyo.
Lake Oonuma and Mt. Komagatake
/end

1 Like

Hello again!
My time in Takikawa was with HOLP Book Co. They had offices in many locations throughout Japan. They sold/hired books (ie. ‘home library’) to local people and employed young English teachers to bring English teaching to rural places in Japan. In those days the JET scheme was just starting I think. I lived with a lovely family in Akabira near Takikawa which made my year very special.
My first MX-5 was a 2011 Kendo special edition. That’s where my website name came from. My current MX-5 is my second one so I chose the name Kenji and read it as meaning ‘wise - second’ from its Kanji. It also reminds me of a pupil from Hokkaido called Kenji who was very good at kendo. Hope that all makes sense.
Hoping to get back to Hokkaido one day to meet my old Japanese otosan etc.
Stay safe!
:+1::checkered_flag::crossed_flags:

Wow that owners manual looks amazing, welcome to the club! If you ever wanted to sell it, consider me interested!

Nathan

You mean mine Nathan?
It’ll go one day with the car if I sell, together with what I think is the S.H.A.K.E.N report.
It’s part of the car really.