Goodbye NC

Well the worst has happened…

2 days before I was due to fly out on a holiday of a lifetime my neighbour knocks my door and tells me he’s reversed into my NC.

Long story short it’s been written off

Brand new stainless exhaust, 4 new tyres, 2 new leather seat and a bluetooth kit fitted since I bought her all lost. 

Waiting for the insulting offer to add insult to injury…

Infuriating just as I was getting her where I wanted

Sorry to read that, most upsetting, try and enjoy your holiday

How badly damaged is it Daby? If you were particularly attached to it and it is repairable may be worth buying the salvage off the insurance company and getting it repaired.  

Her o/s outer and inner wing were buckled and some damage to the bumper.

It didn’t look all that severe to my untrained eye.

Apparently a second valuation is to take place before we can discuss valuation and/or buy back options.

I think I’ll wait and see what they offer and hopefully look at another Mk3

If you buy back the car you could swap the good bits to the new car then sell the old car.

Its a no fault claim on your part 

the car is still yours the insurance dont own it you do 

as a third party claim you get a couple of quotes for repairs and you get in touch with his company and they will then offer you a settlement 

the quotes will probably be more than the cars worth which is why it becomes unofficially a right off 

at no point does his insurance company own your car 

they should pay up and its your choice to get the car fixed where you want or how you want 

i went through a similar thing a couple of years ago 

i had a 2 grand car which someone hit i dealt with the other persons insurance and after 2 quotes they ended up settling the claim and gave me 1900 to fix it 

car is still mine and i had 1900 to get it fixed and it wasnt marked as a cat right off 

good luck with it and dont let them take YOUR car