Hard top for NC3

Hi,
Please excuse the stupid question (I am only recently an NC3 owner) but where can I buy a hard top for my 2007 MX-5? Are they simple and easy to fit?
Thanks!

2007 will be an NC1. All NC detachable hardtops are the same. Keep an eye out in the ads. Also try Facebook Mazda MX5 MK3 Parts For Sale | Groups | Facebook

1 Like

Yep as above have a look around all those sites, colour may or may not be a problem to you. What you need to find is one that come with the fitting kit as buying that separately can be very expensive.

2 Likes

Hi Mick - I have sourced a suitable one. Does anyone have any simple fitting instructions? Many thanks

If you go to downloads as a member you can then download the instructions from there. Or search Google “Mazda MX-5 NC hard top fitting instructions” it does come up.:+1:
If you have the complete fitting kit it’s just a matter of replacing the sections of the interior panels each side + adding catch plates each side. Add the Frankenstein bolts to the rear deck plates then plug in pigtail for the rear screen.

1 Like

Many thanks!

Fitting a hardtop is best achieved with 2 persons…it can be done by one but it does mean you could risk doing some damage to the car and person, hardtops are large wieldy bits of kit .

Also be wise where and how you store the hardtop when not in use. I have just sold mine because it sat in my dining room for the last 8 months in its protective bag just cluttering my house and potentially subject to being damaged.

2 Likes

Thanks - better get the other half mobilised!