Hardtop advice for Mk1

I’m looking at buying a hardtop for my ‘93 Mk1 and I just want to make sure I’ve got my facts right before I go and purchase something that doesn’t fit.
From what I understand, the hardtop for the Mk1, Mk2 and the Mk2.5 are all the same and as such, as long as I buy one of those, I’ll be fine?
Also, what fitting kit do I need? I can see that I need the longer bolts that locate the hardtop but, do I need anything else?

Ideally you also need side clamps

There are aftermarket “security” clamps or plates

Cheers for that. I’ll have a look on eBay and see what I can come up with.

I put a MK1 hardtop on my MK2.5 and it fits fine. The main issue to be aware of is the conecting wires (aka pigtails) are different MK1 to MK2 / MK2.5. A new a MK 1 pigtail is around £90 from MX5 parts if you get a MK2 / MK2.5 top to use on a MK1 car. MX5 Parts also sell a MK2 pigtail if you wanted to use a MK1 top on MK2 / MK2.5 car. If your car doesn’t have a heated rear window (or you’re not bothered about it working) then the pigtails are not an issue.

There are other places that you can buy a pigtail much cheaper than MX5 Parts. For mine Mk2.5 I bought the pigtail from MX5 City only for few pounds. Try to give them a call and they will help you. The part that i got was second hand but it works brilliantly.

Bill

Cheers for the info. I’ve found a hardtop locally but, I can’t collect due to the lockdown but, although frustrating, it’s not that much of an issue at the moment as the weather’s fine but, I’m not driving anyway! It’s a weird world!!