Hardtop Wiring

Hi
apologies if I’m not in the correct place to air this, but can’t get on to the technical areas at present. We have been running the Mazda for a couple of years now, and can’t believe how simple it all is after my Rochdale Olympics, GT, and 1967 Commer! The car is actually a 1996 Gleneagles, and apart from a gearbox fault (no synchro on 2nd - now fixed) has been great. Bought a second hand hardtop (e-Bay, £350) last winter and have driven for some time without the defroster wired. Attempts to wire this in the last couple of weeks have been frustrating, to say the least! I have bought the Harness (ouch!) dashboard switch, and fuse box from MX5PARTS before I realised there was a relay involved as well. Bought one of these but - where does it go? I have two loose terminals hanging near the aerial, neither of which take the relay. (Not sure where my pictures are supposed to go either, but will put in the album of my cars at the start.) The terminals are just about identical, one having a (damaged) prong for panel mounting, but which one does the fuse fit? I assume that the one with the thick wires (black, black, red, red/black) is for the relay - but it isn’t the right shape to accept the LA10 unit supplied. I assume that leaves the other (yellow/green, blue/black, red/black, black/yellow) with the lighter wires for the fuse. Am I right? In which case, where do I put the relay? All the wires seem original, and apart from an interior light problem the car seems very sound electrically. Has my car had the wrong terminal fitted? I’m not above getting the old soldering iron going if needs be - crikey, I built the entire looms for my other cars from scratch - but my manual (Veloce’s Rod Grainger) skips around the issue of wiring diagrams. Is there one available for the Gleneagles? There doesn’t seem to be much life in any of the rear connections when I test with a multimeter at present, though the dashboard light does come on when the button is pressed. Hope this makes sense to somebody!
Les

Please see here. http://mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/349.aspx

Hi
thanks for the response. Can’t get on that one at all! Entered my e-mail address to get here, doesn’t work there. Have I a seperate members name? Havn’t been asked to register one, just says incorrect details.
?
Les

The other forum is stand alone, you’ll need to register on it seperately.