Heated seats wiring

Hi all i have fitted a pair of leather seats from a 2014 car in my 2006 1800 NC, would like to connect the heaters up can any body help?

The problem you will have, the 2014 seat heater pads are not the same as say heater seat pads in the 2006 model (if fitted)
The 2014 model seats will operate via a variable switch for controlling the heat, the 2006 models had just switching for basic on/off control. Therefore the wiring loom from switch to seat differs on the two models.
It can be overcome, infact someone has done it with a little electrical knowhow of which is beyond me.

I’ll see if I can find the thread and update.
That was quick found it…

Thanks

Hi, since I wrote that post, I’ve found an easier way to cut into the pink and yellow wires, using a cable splicer like this you can attach a resistor, either fixed or variable to the two wires without needing to remove the cable from the plugs.

Let me know if you need any help / advice with iy

1 Like

I’d strongly advise against using a Scotch Lock. They really are a bodge job - not only do you risk partly or completely cutting through the wire you’re tapping in to (possibly reducing its current carrying capacity) but they also don’t take well to the vibrations in a car.

It doesn’t take much to do a proper soldered job, ideally with heat shrink sleeving (or some self-amalgamating tape) to protect the join.

Thanks for your help i will have a go later in the week , ( waiting for the switches to arrive from ebay ) if i run into trouble i will get in touch if you don’t mind.

John