Hello from Devon! (ND Owner)

Hi

New owner of an '18 reg MX-5 in Devon which arrived on a flatbed from Poole on Thursday and has been given a good try out over the weekend. Apart from a spurious TPMS light all seems fine (reset the TPMS and no reoccurrence after 100 miles).

My first 2-seater convertible (an older bmw Z4) didn’t go so well, ending with a pond in the boot where the battery is located, and a mouldy interior throughout. Somewhat disillusioned I got rid of it and our Focus ST, and bought a brand new Golf R for myself and wife to share, but it’s just so dull to drive and I missed my convertible…

So, for a second attempt it was a toss-up between a TVR Chimaera or the ND MX-5, I decided given my prior luck the most reliable option was probably my best bet! So we now have what 1 youtuber describes as the ‘perfect garage’. I’m not sure I’d go quite that far, for starters I’d like to add a Lotus Evora 400 and make it a trio, but my wife needs rather a lot more convincing on that front…

Anyway, pic of the Mazda below :smiley: (being a newb it seems I can’t post an ‘R’ pic as well on the same post)

mazda mx5.PNG

10 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Congratulations on getting your MX-5ND, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy every minute and every mile… :slight_smile:
Rob

1 Like

Welcome from Essex, you’ve made the right choice :+1:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the club,I’m also a ND driver and rate it,having also had a MK3 for several years.
I’m based in Tavistock Devon are you close or further North? “Enjoy”

1 Like

Welcome from North Notts.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcomes
I’m in Plymouth so not too far from Tavi :slight_smile:

Good choice, welcome aboard!!! Me and my mk3 live in Mannamead

1 Like

I believe that you will be. In the Cornwall region as I am,so I look forward to meeting you at our next gathering whenever that is possible !!

If I can be of any help in the meantime pm me.
Neil

1 Like

Welcome from Cumbria, where MX-5’s are the best way to travel.

1 Like

Thanks Christophe, I visited Cumbria in my Z4 but weather wasn’t so good and the car leaked, hoping to get back up there in the MX5 in the future! My favourite part of the country what with being a keen landscape photographer…

Yes, it is one beautiful place.

1 Like

Hi Christophe1
There are three of us who live within a couple of hundred yards in Cockermouth and all own MX5-RFs = all in Soul Red. Will have to get a pic of us all sometime. Mines an 18 reg but now with my own plate. Only had it six weeks. Love it!!
Ant.

One of my favourite shots that I took at Brotherswater about 3 yrs back:-

3 Likes

Hello Ant and welcome from Nottinghamshire… I see this is your first post and thought you might want to start your own post here… Glad you are loving the MX-5 :slight_smile:
Rob

Man, did you get a group discount?

Nope, I didn’t know there was one available. I was very happy with the price. And they couldn’t have been more helpful in taxing, providing free short term insurance and door tomdoor delivery.

Ok ok, I was joking about you and your 2 neighbours getting a group discount.
If you see us around, give us a wave. Most RF’s never do.

Brilliant choice I have the nd Recaro having had an NB and NC prior to that. You will love it. One recommendation I can advise is get it waxoiled ASAP. They are not well done at the factory. Other than that enjoy.

1 Like

Ha, I missed the connection - slow on the uptake, sorry. But now we are four. A guy with the Soul Red soft-top just moved in to a brand new house less than 100 yards away. This is getting serious!! My new/old Mazdas. I don’t know if I sent it last time. And yes, there are some miserable old sods who won’t give a wave or a flash!! Capture5|690x429

2 Likes

Four mk4’s, that is getting weird, especially with all of them being Soul Red. Bet they make the neighbourhood look nice.
So you used to have a Copper Red mk3? We might meet at a gathering one day and discuss how both generations compare.