Hello from North East

Hi I’m Lewis (23) from Sunderland,

I just joined this forum here and over at forum.miata.net. I’m sure il need some help sooner or later with my NB Euphonic 1.8 and its nice to see so many peeps keeping these types of cars going!

It’s my first time owning one and so far I love it to pieces. I purchased it Saturday and I think I got a bit of a bargain so I’m chuffed to bits. Here are some shots so far:

I’ve done the following so far:

• Replaced Reg Plate bulbs with new 4300k ones
  • Had the Aux belt tightened to spec as it was a tad bit lose with is stretching from new (thanks to Mazdadudes for that, took 2 minutes)
  • Fixed my passeneger speaker. The wiring is a tad loose but its holding in the right place for it to work for now :laughing:

Hope to get a new battery before the Winter properly sets in as it takes a second to turn over fully. (Any advice on what to get is greatly appreciated). Down the line I might get a respray in Velocity red again as a few panels are more orange than red (unsure as to why :slight_smile:)

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello,

Welcome along, it looks nice in the pictures! I hope you have great fun with it.

Since it has a clean MOT of one week ago I assume the items that have appeared in the last two years have all been attended to and won’t reappear and give you too many issues.

1 Like

Yeah I hope so. The rust seems very minimal from what I can see and that was really my main concern. With the Paint I think it has had a respray of most panels. I initially though the overspray on the sills were rust but it appears to be just overspray, as I tested it with a magnet and the magnetism whilst on the overspray was lower/weaker.

One of the Mot problems was the battery not being fixed, but the battery doesn’t have a bracket at all (not sure if this is normal?). It doesn’t wobble around though, seems to sit still.

Thanks for the kind words

Hi Lewis, welcome to MX5 ownership !

1 Like

I think (though it’s a few years since I had an NB) that there is a wedge shaped holder at the base of the battery that has a threaded bolt through the middle, hope I’m not making that up!

Ok, that would make sense as there is nothing around the top to keep it in place. I hope that is not exclusive to the battery as I will have to look around more.

Speaking of batterys, the Panasonic one has just snuffed it hahaha :frowning: