Hello from Nottingham!

Long (ish) term owner of an MX5 however not started posting here until recently!

I have owned my NC2 for around 4 years, bought entirely stock to replace a Nissan 350Z I had never fully got into, it was great for longer distance trips (we often travel to the south of France from Nottingham) but on trackdays and tighter roads it never entertained me. Thankfully albeit with 50% of the power, the MX5 was far more enjoyable to me!

4 years on and my MX5 now has Miester R coilovers, IL ARBs, EBC Yellow stuff pads (and general EBC discs), Scorpion exhaust and a GSF rollbar which has meant all of the interior rear of the seats has been removed (and just carpeted). I do still use the car road use in the summer but it sees more track use. Above picture was from Blyton last year!

Future plans are I want to replace the seats given atm just CG locking the seatbelt isn’t enough for me and I move around far too much, also either BBR Super 180 or more likely taking it to Roddisons for more power (currently it has a failed MOT under emissions which seems to be cat related). Other than that I love it!

One last picture - to say the 350Z is good for touring, the MX5 is still entirely capable, especially with some extended space. My Mrs and I managed over 2500 miles in 2 weeks touring France, Italy, Swizerland, Luxemborg and ending at the Spa F1 entirely fine :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you all!

2 Likes

High and welcome !

2 Likes