Hello from Tokyo (2020.10.19)

Hi here in Japan autumn is steadily coming.
Visited heart of our main island in my 1995 V-Special last Sunday.
Kiyosato heights is about 1000m above sea level and surrounded by high mountains over 3000m and can have a great view over Mt. Fuji. Lots of nice winding roads.
Visited with my French car buffs.

Enjoyed fresh air with top down.![IMG_6556|666x500] (upload://faXckIW6G1YXRj7QkJHkGEo5M6c.jpeg)

![IMG_6539|666x500]
Yatsugatake Mountains.

(upload://t9IMVfhSfJc49ZmbSlzDrB20GaM.jpeg)

15 Likes

Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing the images :+1:

2 Likes

It’s good to here from you, hope everything is well with you. The photos look good, great scenery.:+1:

1 Like

Looks great, please keep sharing.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the pictures. Nice to see the Renault 4’s too!

1 Like

Hello, again.
Glad to see you are getting out and about in your car. Great photos :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad you like my upload.

2 Likes

Will do !!

3 Likes

Glad to know you like R4 !!

3 Likes

Great fun to drive with top up.

6 Likes

Thought that I have replied to you but did not. Sorry !!
Will keep posting my Eunos in beautiful Japanese landscape.
This is a pic of me and my Eunos.

7 Likes

Hi there, good to see you in your nice MX5. Keep in contact over the winter :cold_face::joy::joy:

1 Like

Your Mazda’s in lovely condition and a credit to you. You do well to maintain it on the road because I know the Japanese Shaken (MOT) is very tough, especially after the car’s 10 years old.

1 Like

Recently Japanese MOT is getting easier and easier even for cars more than 10 years old. Shaken can be obtained easily by car owners. Depending on car condition, but normally takes a couple of hours. So now it is not difficult to keep olde cars on the road.

That’s good news, especially for the Japanese enthusiast. Unfortunately it’s not such good news for us in the UK because previously we received many good quality 10 year old cars exported from Japan especially MX-5’s because the owners found it too difficult to get them through the Shaken. Now perhaps there won’t be so many being exported. Good to chat with you on the forum.

1 Like

Reason of less MX-5s have been exported from Japan maybe is that MX-5 is getting more and more popular in our own country.
Mazda started resupplying essential parts and this woke up once sleeping potential Eunos fun. Consequently price of used Eunos Roadster NA(Mark 1 in UK) is getting higher.

2 Likes

Great discussion forum and nice images from Japan. I have a 1992 ‘V Special’ in British Racing Green that was up-spec’d when new to an IWAKI special, with chrome wire wheel, chrome cam covers and many more. Have you heard of this version?

4 Likes

What a great looking car, looks really tidy, love the wheels. Also what a great backdrop intrigued as to what that building is in the background.

1 Like

Iwaki is a Japanese name indeed.
But I do not know Iwaki special at all.
Is that a modification done in Japan ?
Where was your picture taken ? Guess somewhere in middle east ?

@IWAKI That looks superb. Really like the wire wheels. I look forward to more photos of your car.

1 Like