Hello from Tokyo (2020.10.19)

OK, the picture was taken outside a great hotel near Salamanca in Spain, when I took my Eunos on a great tour of inland Spain. Fabulous trip! I should also add that I that my career has been in car design and engineering and was at one time a General Manager at International Automotive Design (I.A.D.) and if you know your MX5 history, then you will know what that means. I bought my 1992 Mk1 about 11 years ago. it was an import from Japan. It has an IWAKI badge on the back (I have seen one other), registered July 1992 いわき56 に( 61 07 . It changed hands on 16 November 1998 and previous owner was Fuji Automobile Limited in 3-3-12 Nishidai Itabashi-ku, Tokyo. See attached registration Certificate, it then came to the UK on 28 December 1998 and after three more owners I bought it on 21/08/2009. The Mazda build sheet shows it is a V spec plus Limited Slip Differential. After 28 years it has done about 111k kms. It has been modified to suit modern needs, like fabulous black LED headlamps and LED all round. DAB/Hands-free radio, JASS instrument and heater bezels, Zunsport grille, drilled and grooved brakes, etc, etc.

3 Likes

Interesting history indeed.
You enjoy a Japanese sticker “Eunos Iwaki” and I removed Eunos Logo and changed to MX-5.

May be of you guys interest.
https://zoom-eng.com/

1 Like

Please find my V Special interior. Gear lever and hand brake lever gaiters are pattern tan color parts. Also please be noted my upgrade from electric operated window to manual operated !! Much better !!

3 Likes

Excellent modifications :+1:

1 Like

Looks a bit like mine

2 Likes

Yours is much nicer and gorgeous. Mine is rather basic :blush:

It’s a nice looking car, I have always wanted a Mk1 but they are changing the petroleum grades here and in Europe and cars pre 2002 have certain parts that are not compatible with the fuel and will cause corrosion. So may be changing to a later car.

1 Like

That is a new info about change in gas ingredient. What kind of change was made and what type of chemical additives create corrosion ? Happy here in Japan without such a change in gas.

Simpler is often better indeed :blush: