Help Advice After Fuel Thieves Wrecked the Front of our MK3 NC (2010)

Lovely post-Christmas surprise for us when my partner found the front of the car had been damaged.

Could be a simple “parking knock” but as we’ve had number plates nicked before by fuel thieves (now have security screws), it wouldn’t surprise me if they were really going for it this time as they’re as bold as brass where we are in N.London.

I would really appreciate any advice on what I need to get and where to get it from. I’m mechanically able but more used to vintage cars, so basically I haven’t a clue on getting parts but can imagine this could get pricey if I go via a main dealer.

Any advice on what parts are called or part numbers and especially where to buy (online?) would be most helpful. It’s such a shame to see my partner’s lovely car looking like this.

Hope the photos help. I can see at some point some black mastic/silicone has been put in there, so it probably ready for some TLC.

We really value this forum and generous community, esp at times like this. Thank you.

that’s just Not nice front movement camera might have caught the a****hols …

1 Like

i think your looking at having to get one of these

or maybe this one

1 Like

yes, Thibors first link looks to be the one. There is damage to the polstyrene part of the reinforcement but mainly there and will be covered by the replacement.
I’m guessing that the original grille was colour coded, either that or some overspray on the bottom strip. I don’t know why all that mastic is there, not factory in my opinion.
So £110 + post for the part and possibly need spraying if colour coded. With number plate fixed, that is hopefully it.
Can see this simply being a parking knock rather than vandalism. At least the bonnet was avoided.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your help. Prices are a bit of a shock. I’m now wondering it they come up as used in good condition, possibly as people might be upgrading? If anyone has one feel free to get in touch. Thanks again for your helping me to identify the correct part.

1 Like

Hi, I would try your local Mazda dealer first. A pheasant went through my front grille last summer so popped to MX-5 parts and was shocked at the price. The local Mazda dealership identified the correct part very quickly and it took a couple of days to arrive. Total cost £44!

2 Likes