Help please, to remove glovebox assembly: Was, Fitting iPhone/MP3 adapter

Hi, Sorry about this, but it’s me again, after some really good. advice regarding fitting a iPhone adapter lead to the rear of the radio, I realised that my Haynes manual was not helpful [to me anyway :frowning: ] as to how to remove the glovebox assembly.

Any help with instructions as to how to remove the glovebox or perhaps a link to an online article, would be really appreciated.

Best regards,

Graham.

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2008 MX5 2litre Sport Roadster
  2. I’m based near: Greasby, Wirral, Merseyside_
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: How to remove the glovebox,: was how to fit iPhone lead to rear of radio.

Unclip the black nylon lead, (left side outer of the glovebox).
Pull both sides in towards the centre and bobs your uncle.

Hi, thanks indeed for that info.

I had assumed (always unwise!) that to get to the left hand side back of the radio I would also have to remove the glovebox surround or can I by just removing the glovebox, reach the rear of the radio.

My apologies for not making my question clearer.

Best regards,

Graham.

Not sure what set up you have.
VERY limited space even with the glove box out to be honest. I found all my work was done/connections etc by removing the unit.
Bit of trial and error with sore knees, injured knuckles and slipped discs! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

The slipped discs does not sound good!

I’l have a go, but removing the unit seems safer.

My set up?, non Bose radio (no CD changer) and I want simply to plug my lead into the hopefully vacant rear socket. The other end of my lead has a 3.5mm plug, which will need a lightning adapter for my iPhone 12.

Anyway, thanks again. Cheers, Graham.

Hi, glovebox out and radio pulled forward, iPhone adapter inserted. no drama, works well.

Thanks again, best regards, Graham.

2 Likes

Mission accomplished. Good man. :+1: