Hesitant Start After Sitting In Sun

Hi all, weird issue I’m having.

My 91 1.6 NA has a hesitant start after sitting in the sun for a while. Rather than bursting into life like it should, it more builds up to the idle. Once it’s running, it runs fine, and shutting it off then starting it again seems fine.

My thoughts are possibly the coilpack and/or HT leads are on their way out.

I’ve also read it could be the CAS?

I also wonder if it might be related to another issue I’m having where the revs sometimes drop quite low when coming to a stop, I assume in the time before the ECU picks up the idle - idle adjustment hasn’t helped with this.

Any advice very much apprecated :smiley:

Other than the revs dropping, do you have a standard air/filter or some whizzbang sucky thing.
If the latter, heat soak from cooking nicely above the manifold is not unkown…which is why I dumped min e and went back to Hiroshima’s finest.

After sitting in the 30º heat, I don’t start up that quick either! My drop in revs coming to a stop, and more often and not stalling, was caused by a plug on the accelerator stop having rotted allowing the pedal arm to come back too far when you lift your foot off. To me it sounds more like a fuel lock due to heat as once you get fuel into the injectors, it’s fine?

I do have a whizz bang sucky thing but I have had the issue before it was installed, so I don’t think it’s that. But I won’t rule it out.

The fuel lock suggestion seems plausible, and matches what I’ve experienced.

I’ll also look more into that accelator stop.

Thanks for the replies so far.