Hi from a New Member

Hi Oxfordshire area,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently rebuilding a 1996 1.6 Mk1. Engine rebuild done so should be on the road in the next month.

Based in Blewbury (south of Didcot). Would like to get involved in some area meets in the future.

Current state of affairs.

Nice One and Welcome Buddy

Welcome to club and good luck with the build!

I’m in Didcot too, look forward to seeing you whiz around town soon.

I’ve got a white MX-5 which is currently up for sale on the forum - http://www.just10photos.com/2016/04/bye-bye-mx-5.html - and with viewings this weekend I may not be an MX-5 owner for much longer… well, there’ll be a short gap before I buy next one :slight_smile:

Great job, welcome

Look forward to seeing you and the car… :slight_smile:

check out our area website for all the planned events and meetings http://ox.mx5oc.co.uk

Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to getting to a meet.

Fitted a new more functional roll bar over the weekend.

Hi Oxfordshire members.

I attended the Wallingford Car Rally on Sunday, super weather and a great variety of cars on show. There’s a convey through the town in the morning and and then a show in the afternoon. Only one MX5 to my amazement!  

Maybe an event to add to the Oxfordshire calendar next year ? They offer car club areas

Some of the wide range of offerings at the show;

John

Welcome to the Club. The local group had 9 cars attending the Classic Car Rally at Hambleden. Hope to be at Wallingford next year.

Dave
Area Co-Ordinator

Hello and welcome to the club 

Hi guys, recently joined the club with my first MX5 MK1, what was I missing all those years driving an MGB still it was good exercise for the arms trying to park. Glad to driving…and enjoying the MX5, great little car.

Maybe not to everybody’s taste but dropped the ride high from the standard springs to 40mm lower. Also repainted the mirrors gloss black.

nice job well done

Latest edition has been a new IL motorsport exhaust from MXParts. Choose this based on reviews, as I didn’t want a booming exhaust note. This is just a little louder than standard with a nice little rasp around 2500 rpm.

Hi  Welcome to the FUN 

Very very good work you have going on there. I could eat my dinner off that engine  

Thanks for the welcome guys, I just wish my 1996 engine looked as good as that, busy working trying to upgrade and clean it up. Wallingford sounds good I will get there next year.

I had a new cat back StSt exhaust fitted a couple of weeks ago by the “Mazdaman” Brian in Bicester, sounds great now, not too loud, just enough.

I’m just drooling over your workshop, what wouldn’t I give for indoor space to work instead of on the drive or road. Any info on where to get a new front wing fitted and painted, I had a quote from a company in Derby for £250 all in but its a drive there at least twice so thought somewhere closer to Witney might be better.

Welcome to the forum

Garyoke, yeah its nice having some space, but like everything else you soon out grow it and need/want more!

Still for the time being it works and allows me to work on the car without the worry of the weather.

Hats of to anyone who has to work outside.