Hi from Isle of Wight

Hi All

I and joined the forum a while ago but this is my first post and my first MX5. I purchased the RF GT which was an ex-demonstrator from my local Mazda dealer in February last year. Since then I have had a lot of fun with the car and made a few modifications which I will post later. The pics were taken on the day I picked up the car from the dealer and I doubt it will ever be quite that clean and shiny again. If you see me on the island or anywhere in the south give me a toot and a wave.

Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark welcome to the forum, your car looks great especially the leather interior. Steve

Welcome. Watch out on 7th June this year! MX5 Owners Club invading the island for the day organised by Solent area. Some may be there for the weekend. Breakfast at the Wight Mouse Inn from 9am. See Solent area’s section on this forum for details.

Thanks for the welcome Steve, I like your red ND as well that’s my other favourite colour for these cars.

Thanks Dipstick for the welcome and the info. Looking forward to meet up on the 7th.

Hi Mark,

Really good to see Islanders posting on this new forum. Alan, aka Dipstick, is quite right. Solent Area are invading the island on the 7th June and its shaping up to be a great day and hopefully with as many MX5’s in attendance as there was 2 years ago. Darren has done a great job working with us to pull this years visit together and we also hope to have a very long convoy of MX5’s along Military Road, with possibly a throw a pound in a bucket collection for charity/charities but more will be posted on that nearer the time. A few of us will be on the island beforehand, making a break of it by way of a long weekend, so all is looking good😎
Your RF is stunning, funnily enough the first RF Terry and I saw was on a Mazda stand at Festival of Speed at Goodwood and was exactly the same colour and interior also, which I think looks fantastic.
Best Regards
Mal
Joint Solent Area AC with Terry Botto, for the MX5OC

Thanks Mal for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to meeting up with other owners, see their cars and be part of that convoy. I have seen a lot of different car and motorbike clubs meet at the Wight Mouse and drive along Military Rd. It will be great to join in for a change.

Mark